“Best facial I have ever had!”
Review of Riverside Spa

Riverside Spa
Ranked #8 of 101 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: Established as a leader among spas in Calgary, Riverside Spa offers exceptional registered massage therapists and experienced estheticians. Designed with excellence in mind, Riverside Spa aims to impress by offering a breathtaking facility, professional staff, organic and environmentally friendly products, as well as convenient online gift certificate options. Amenities include eucalyptus steam rooms, Swiss raindrop showers and a cozy fireside lounge with light refreshments.
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed a girls afternoon together at Riverside Spa for facials. The customer service at the front desk was warm and welcoming, the change area was spacious and well appointed, the waiting area was quiet, comfortable, and relaxing and offered various teas and cold drinks, and the pedicure area that we walked by looked bright and spacious with large windows affording a picturesque view.

The facial room was comfortable and our technicians were welcoming and professional. There was just the perfect amount of introductory conversation followed by a thorough and fabulous relaxing facial. Upon leaving, our technicians provided us with a card listing the products that were used for the facials and then the front desk provided us with samples (SAMPLES!) of the products to try out at home. There were no pushy sales tactics and the samples are a nice touch, especially since I was relaxing during the facial and did not pay attention to which product was being used for each step)! Now I can try the products at home and make a purchase at my next visit.

My daughter and I were planning on trying a new spa every two months as a girls day activity but we had such a great experience at Riverside that we have abandoned that plan and will be repeat customers here!

Highly recommended!

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Stephmc15
CaciqueCalgary, Communications Coordinator at Riverside Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review and being kind enough to mention all of our departments. All of our staff strive to offer the most relaxing experience possible so I'm glad that was exactly the case during your visit. It sounds like you noticed many of our facilities unique elements and I am so happy to hear your time here was superior to past experiences elsewhere. We very much look forward to hosting you both again for your next girls day!

Warm Regards,

"cucumber water"
in 4 reviews
"amazing spa"
in 4 reviews
"floor to ceiling windows"
in 3 reviews
"robe"
in 6 reviews
"pedis"

Reviewed November 20, 2017

I was fortunate enough o go to the Riverside Spa for a fantastic relaxing massage this month. From the moment that I walked in the door and was greeted by friendly and uniformed staff, I began to relax. The ambience of the facilities s soothing and the amenities are everything you could ask for, from a complimentary steam room to comfortable robes and slippers. The massage was so relaxing and peaceful that I actually dropped off to sleep! I was sad when it was time to leave, but I will be back for another pampering session. It's so refreshing to find an establishment where I felt my business was appreciated!

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank pgr1952
CaciqueCalgary, Communications Coordinator at Riverside Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such a thoughtful review with such attention to detail. We are so happy you had some extra time and were able to enjoy all of the amenities you mentioned, these are always complimentary with any service booked. Riverside Spa would not be successful without all of our amazing guests so I am thrilled to hear you say you felt appreciated because you most certainly are!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

First time here and I LOVED IT!! Heather was amazing. I had a facial, pedicure and manicure. I ate chocolate, drank tea and relaxed. Truly one of the best spa experiences I've ever had!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank 261alanak
CaciqueCalgary, Communications Coordinator at Riverside Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

We are thrilled to hear that your visit to Riverside Spa was one of the best spa experiences you've had - We hope to see you again some time!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

First time at this spa. Front counter staff - wonderful, Set the stage , they were relaxing, engaging and fun, all at the same time. Great work guys and gals.
- Loved the waiting area with tea and yummy cookies. Magazines etc
- Change room, showers and eucalyptus sauna were exceptionally clean and enjoyable. Arrive early and/or stay late to enjoy these free of charge benefits.
-Tanis completed my facial and was great ! Paid careful attention to my aging skin. Was positive and supportive (not at all pushy!) while suggesting skin care regime and products. Several areas of Milia were dealt with. Just loved her personality, engaging and kind, yet also knew when to step back and let me relax and enjoy.
- only rating a 4 instead of 5 as seems when I research on line that I could get same Eminence product, 60 min facial, at other locations in Calgary for $95 instead of $140 at Riverside. But for overall ambiance, care and free of charge sauna, change room, and great waiting area at Riverside, that is perhaps what makes the difference.
- I will visit the competition and let you know !

Date of experience: September 2017
CaciqueCalgary, Communications Coordinator at Riverside Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Riverside Spa in so much detail. The front desk team will be thrilled to hear your feedback and I will pass your compliments of Tanis along as well. Our spa attendants work very hard behind the scenes to make sure all amenities are clean and well stoked for new guests checking in, or those choosing to stay a little longer to relax like you suggested; I will be sure to let them know their hard work has not gone unnoticed either. We look forward to welcoming you back to Riverside Spa when you are in need of another day filled with relaxation and bliss!

Kind Regards,

See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2017

This place is absolute paradise. I am a bit of a spa junkie, and this is my favourite spa in the city. I am very sensitive to crappy chemicals, here they use very natural products, eminence products are used in their facials. The technicians are always the BEST, great technique, don't talk too much, very professional. Every service I have ever had here has been TOP NOTCH. Complimentary wonderful organic gingersnap crackers, a variety of teas (my favourite is the Angel Falls tea), cucumber water, lemon water while you wait. When I really need a day to relax, these guys keep me coming back again and again.

One thing to know, they do not offer shellac for manis or pedis, (they use a vegan type nail polish) and they don't have the chemicals to remove shellac since they are a vegan spa. So just don't make the mistake of showing up for a pedi with shellac on (like I did once) because they literally had to scrape it off, which isn't great for your nailbeds.

Date of experience: April 2017
CaciqueCalgary, Communications Coordinator at Riverside Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words about so many different elements of our spa; those compliments mean a lot to us, especially coming from an experienced spa-goer! We are proud to be able to offer products that are organic and can be used even by those with skin sensitivities and concerns. We look forward to your next visit with us, our lounge will be ready waiting for you with fresh tea and cookies the next time you need to take some time to relax.