Open today: 8:30 AM - 7:30 PM

Reviewed September 8, 2017
ShareenMAC
via mobile
Best Facial in the City!

I've run the gauntlet of spas in Calgary and I keep coming back to Riverside. Their facials are the... read more

Reviewed July 19, 2018

from $256.70
from $9.00
from $186.74
More Info
All reviews highly recommend this spa waiting area cucumber water variety of teas yummy cookies skin care nail polish facial eminence esthetician technician spas pedis milna waxing masseuse
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

First time here and I LOVED IT!! Heather was amazing. I had a facial, pedicure and manicure. I ate chocolate, drank tea and relaxed. Truly one of the best spa experiences I've ever had!

CaciqueCalgary, Communications Coordinator at Riverside Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

We are thrilled to hear that your visit to Riverside Spa was one of the best spa experiences you've had - We hope to see you again some time!

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

First time at this spa. Front counter staff - wonderful, Set the stage , they were relaxing, engaging and fun, all at the same time. Great work guys and gals.
- Loved the waiting area with tea and yummy cookies. Magazines etc
- Change room, showers and eucalyptus sauna were exceptionally clean and enjoyable. Arrive early and/or stay late to enjoy these free of charge benefits.
-Tanis completed my facial and was great ! Paid careful attention to my aging skin. Was positive and supportive (not at all pushy!) while suggesting skin care regime and products. Several areas of Milia were dealt with. Just loved her personality, engaging and kind, yet also knew when to step back and let me relax and enjoy.
- only rating a 4 instead of 5 as seems when I research on line that I could get same Eminence product, 60 min facial, at other locations in Calgary for $95 instead of $140 at Riverside. But for overall ambiance, care and free of charge sauna, change room, and great waiting area at Riverside, that is perhaps what makes the difference.
- I will visit the competition and let you know !

CaciqueCalgary, Communications Coordinator at Riverside Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Riverside Spa in so much detail. The front desk team will be thrilled to hear your feedback and I will pass your compliments of Tanis along as well. Our spa attendants work very hard behind the scenes to make sure all amenities are clean and well stoked for new guests checking in, or those choosing to stay a little longer to relax like you suggested; I will be sure to let them know their hard work has not gone unnoticed either. We look forward to welcoming you back to Riverside Spa when you are in need of another day filled with relaxation and bliss!

Reviewed July 28, 2017

This place is absolute paradise. I am a bit of a spa junkie, and this is my favourite spa in the city. I am very sensitive to crappy chemicals, here they use very natural products, eminence products are used in their facials. The technicians are always the BEST, great technique, don't talk too much, very professional. Every service I have ever had here has been TOP NOTCH. Complimentary wonderful organic gingersnap crackers, a variety of teas (my favourite is the Angel Falls tea), cucumber water, lemon water while you wait. When I really need a day to relax, these guys keep me coming back again and again.

One thing to know, they do not offer shellac for manis or pedis, (they use a vegan type nail polish) and they don't have the chemicals to remove shellac since they are a vegan spa. So just don't make the mistake of showing up for a pedi with shellac on (like I did once) because they literally had to scrape it off, which isn't great for your nailbeds.

CaciqueCalgary, Communications Coordinator at Riverside Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words about so many different elements of our spa; those compliments mean a lot to us, especially coming from an experienced spa-goer! We are proud to be able to offer products that are organic and can be used even by those with skin sensitivities and concerns. We look forward to your next visit with us, our lounge will be ready waiting for you with fresh tea and cookies the next time you need to take some time to relax.

Reviewed May 6, 2017

This is my fourth visit to the spa and I wanted to wait before i could do a review.

This spa has excellent customer service from the ladies that work at reception all the way to estheticians and massage therapists. The spa is well kept and my facial and massage were tremendous as always! I highly recommend this spa to anybody wanting to relax and find an escape. The spa is quite pricey but you will definitely get the service and experience for every cent that you paid for. My masseuse was very skilled and completely knew where to hit pressures and my back was so relieved afterwards. I never found facials to be as relaxing before (i tend to go to diff place for facials) and i will definitely keep coming back for their facials and massages.

Overall, i am really impressed with this place, my expectations are always met, and i leave the place feeling happy. I always look forward to my next visit.

CaciqueCalgary, Communications Coordinator at Riverside Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2017

Your attention to detail and kind comments about many of the spa’s elements and departments are greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that our consistency of quality throughout services is what has kept your returning to our spa on multiple occasions. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit to Riverside!

Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

1st time spa users. And we really though it was amazing. The customer service was out of this world, and we would definitely come back

We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your first spa visit. Our customer service team was delighted to hear ‘out of this world’ as your description for them! Hopefully we will see you back at Riverside Spa in the future.