“Great Service if you can get in”
Review of Riverside Spa

Riverside Spa
Ranked #4 of 73 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: Riverside Spa, the premiere Calgary spa experience, offers a breathtaking facility, a professional staff team, and convenient online gift certificate sales. Designed with excellence in mind, Riverside Spa aims to impress. Established as a leader among Calgary Spas, Riverside Spa boasts an exceptional team of registered massage therapists and experienced estheticians. As you are welcomed to relax and nurture your mind, body and spirit, enjoy the quality of service and experience typically found in high-end resort spas, right here at home, in a Calgary spa. Surround yourself with the elements of earth, air, fire and water.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Service if you can get in”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been to this spa once for an extensive pkg massage, facial and body scrub and wrap. The services I recieved were awesome and I now use the line of skin care they introduced me to religiously, HOWEVER unless you book well in advance there is never any accomodation for clients. I don't always know that I will have time off in 3 weeks and things change for the average person on a daily basis. It would be nice to call just once and get a service within 2 days.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Patty P
CaciqueCalgary, Owner at Riverside Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback on your services. I believe due to people having similar experiences to yours we are booking further and further in advance and have no ability to grow in our current location. We stopped all marketing about a year ago trying to slow this but word of mouth is a powerful and wonderful force and we continue to book further in advance. I apologize that we have been unable to accommodate you on short notice as I know that can be frustrating. Kind Regards, Will

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Incompetent”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

- Called Riverside. Talked to Kayla.
- Booked two packages. One for me one for my friend. Gave credit card info.
- Told my friend we were booked. Put spa day in calendar. Got excited.
- Later get a call from Kayla saying oops can't do it b/c there's not a room available for one of the facials.
- Tried to get ANY other treatment to fill that slot in the package. Nothing available.
- Spa day gone.
- Incompetent. Will never go there.

Visited May 2013
7 Thank N M
CaciqueCalgary, Owner at Riverside Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I apologize that there was confusion while trying to book your visit to Riverside Spa. Kayla is an exceptional member of our guest services team but like any of us can make a mistake. It is unfortunate that we could not do anything to make your visit work and again for that I apologize. Kind Regards, Will
Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Clean, Friendly, Relaxing.”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Booked two massages on short notice and the receptionist was quite accommodating. Staff was friendly and helpful upon check-in. Treatments were well-done and very professional; I was impressed by my therapist's knowledge of various medical conditions and how they are affected by massage.

The change rooms have lovely raindrop showers and a fairly small (but nice) steam room. Waiting room is comfortable and relaxing. Overall, this spa is a lovely place to go: a decent price for what you get, and seemingly very well-maintained.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank classy-brass
Thank you for your feedback on your visit to Riverside Spa. We are very proud of our team of talented massage therapists and are glad that you enjoyed your treatments. Kind Regards, Will
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A beautiful spa, that creates relaxation with friendly service”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked a full day at Riverside which included a 90 minutes full body massage, spa lunch, signature facial and signature pedicure. We were greeted at the front desk by very friendly staff and welcomed into the spa. We were shown into the ladies change room which was equipped with great amenities. A cozy robe and sandals were provided. I would have liked a choice in sandal size seeing as I am a size 5 the size 8 or 9 sandals were huge which made it difficult to get around. My massage was amazing the perfect pressure the perfect relaxing atmosphere. We followed that with our spa lunch which was delicious but it was difficult to eat in the lounge but that's really not what the lounge is for. We followed lunch with our facials, the most disappointing part of our day. I was slathered with great products and just left to sit for an hour. I have had a few facials and I am used to being massaged and pampered while the product does its magic. Skip the facial! Our pedicure was great they didnt need to use a razor as they have great products to clear away the dead gross stuff. My critism is that my foot and leg massage was so short. The girl who did mine was done both my legs and was applying nail polish before my friends girl was even done massaging one leg. I think the girl I had just doesn't like to pamper as she was also the one who did my facial. I will absolutely go back but I will skip the facial and request someone else for a pedicure and bring my own shoes! Overall a great day at a good spa!

2 Thank Fleurysgirl
CaciqueCalgary, Owner at Riverside Spa, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your day at the spa and are planning to return. I would be interested in additional feedback on your esthetics services. Please contact me at 403.270.7500. Kind Regards, Will
calgary, alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Don't know what all the fuss is about!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was given a gift certificate by some very kind friends so I booked a facial and pedicure. Nice (but certainly not private) change rooms, reasonable products, slightly cold steam room which kept dripping cold water all over me. Waiting room was wonderful though with the fireplace and calming environment. My facial was average at best. My esthetician seemed young, inexperienced and entirely uninterested. She did maybe 2 extractions at best--maybe. Didn't even go close to my nose where there are visible blackheads.
The pedicure was great except I had the same esthetician who just wanted to be done. Her nose was running for the entire treatment which was a put off.
I think this spa experience could have been fantastic if I had a different technician perhaps. If their facials don't generally include extractions they should just not even say they do them. It's not a true facial for sure--it's more about the music and the relaxing environment. Nothing therapeutic happening here.
I still round recommend the place though based on cleanliness and atmosphere, but if you're looking for a true therapeutic treatment this is not the place.

2 Thank jessikaCalgary
CaciqueCalgary, Owner at Riverside Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I am glad that you enjoyed many aspects of your visit and would recommend us. I would be interested in additional feedback on your other experiences especially your facial. Please contact me at 403.270.7500. Kind Regards, Will