“Very good lunch”
Review of JPs Indian Bistro

JPs Indian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
JPs Indian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 4,101 Restaurants in Calgary
Description: Inspired by Owners dad's love of fresh, organic ingredients and authentic cuisine. JP's Indian Bistro carries on his legacy by infusing only the finest hallmarks of Indian dining with a contemporary flare.
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

I was in the Northwest and looking for a good place to go for lunch. I was really craving Indian Cuisine and JP's came up fairly highly rated. The restaurant is right in the heart of Evanston and is very clean and lots of parking outside. The menu is very extensive and I decided to go with the lamb vindaloo. I do like spicy food and the medium temperature was perfect. I also had a side of basmati rice and the food was excellent, came out quickly, and was very good. I don't have anything negative to say, but for lunch it was a little bit on the pricey side. All in all I enjoyed my meal and I think you will too.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Have been disappointed in the quality of Indian food in Calgary, but was pleased to discover this spot in the northern suburbs. The freshness and and spicing of the food on offer here distinguishes it from the other lacklustre spots in town. Samosas were massive, fresh, and filled with ample amount of potato filling. Chicken Tikka Masala and Navratan were exceptional, and were complemented with flavourful Garlic Nan. Menu featured lots of choice, and I can’t wait to try new dishes on future visits.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been going to JP’s for about a month on a semiregular basis. Every single time I’ve been astonished at how great the food is and how friendly the service is. The owner has been friendly and personable and shared great conversation with our group every time we went. Amazing restaurant, definitely would recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Good food and service! They have a huge variety of vegetarian options. As vegetarians, I find that their vegetarian dishes are quite good but not too salty like many other restaurants. My favourite dish is the eggplant which I can never get tired of eating it. The servers there are always friendly and polite. I would highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 21, 2018

I first developed a liking for Indian food while living in the UK. Over the years I have visited several Indian restaurants in Calgary but none of them impressed me until I visited JPs Indian Bistro. The quality of the food (flavour, texture, freshness etc) is first class. My wife shares my view of the food quality. We have sampled multiple different dishes on multiple visits and have not been disappointed. We are regular diners at this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018