“a bit crowded and slow but good food”
Review of Koreana BBQ - CLOSED

Koreana BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue, Korean
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“a bit crowded and slow but good food”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Dinner on a weeknight but a surprisingly busy place. Very good food with large portions and well prepared. The server started off very attentive but when the place got busier essentially disappeared.

• Visited August 2014

“Authentic and delicious!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Having been to Korea, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the food is great! The Kimchi is not hot like in Korea and not made in exactly the same style but still good. They also have Japanese food. They have cozy private rooms too. I eat there regularly because the vegetarian foods agree with me well. (Dishes with meat are also well made and delicious).

• Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Horrible service”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The most horrible service I had!! I live across street from them and I used to go there often. I went with my friend today, order 4 menu(it was pretty big table for 2 ppl) 3 of our menu came first,we started it. But they forgot to give us dipping sauce for tempura, my friend was looking for waitress. but no one stop by after serve nor passing by. My friend had to walk over the kitchen,asked for the sauce,they gave to her,end up she was serving herself. After our 3menu,the last dish came very late when we about to leave. We wanted to ask to pack it because we had a plan also we order it too. No one passing us still, we just went up to cash counter and told them the last dish(we didnt even touch it) want to be packed to go. They gave us container with plastic bag. I asked back to her if I had to go to my table and pack myself again. She said "Can you? We are really busy." Its like we had no choice but selfserve. We will never go back. This restaurant lost regular customer.

• Visited December 2013
Regina, Canada
“Solid Korean food”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed tempura (Japanese) appy and then thick ribs with rice

Excellent

Came with all kinds of pickles

Yummy

Service quick and not chatty

Los Angeles, CA
“Delicious and authentic!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a wonderful leisurely early dinner - 5-7pm with 2 family members who had spent 3 years in Korea. They were impressed with the food and said it was the best Korean meal they had dad in Canada. We ordered the marinated beef short ribs for 2 to BBQ - we received 10 strips of meat- the waiter said the cook gave us extra! Came with 4 metal covered bowls of rice with beans, sides of Kim chee, pickled bean sprouts, radishes, cut up hot dogs with cabbage, some white jelly squares and tofu soup. We also ordered a spicy Kim chee and pork soup, seafood pancake, and a spicy noodle dish. Also asked for sliced garlic and peppers to grill with the meat. Very efficient service-the grill was changed 3 times when it became encrusted from cooking. Very enjoyable experience. We would definitely return!

• Visited August 2013