“My Favourite Place to Stay in Calgary”

English Bed, Breakfast and Day Spa
Ranked #3 of 54 Calgary B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“My Favourite Place to Stay in Calgary”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Having stayed in a couple of hotels when in Calgary on business, I wanted a more "home-like" atmosphere. So I stayed with David and Teri at the English Bed and Breakfast. Fantastic!

David and Teri are lovely hosts and the accommodation is great, I really enjoy the freedom of feeling more like I'm staying at home, rather than in a stuffy hotel room. The breakfasts are also fantastic and the value is incredible.

I will be staying with David and Teri every time I visit Calgary.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Caleamon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed December 17, 2011

After several bad and overpriced experiences with other hotels, I thought I will never find my expected place to stay in Calgary!!

I stayed at English Bed and breakfast for one night ( wished was more).Teri & David were above my expectation and I believe 5 stars is far below what they should get!!

The Hotel was super clean , super tidy, super healthy, super in every thing!! The breakfast was backed to me in a friendly way that made me have no worries at all. Definitely,I will go and stay there again!! Thanks Teri & David....

Room Tip: I liked the Egyptian room!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Doctordog99
Weardale
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We needed to stay 2 days in Calgary before a holiday on the Rocky Mountaineer. After a lot of searching we decided on the first place I had researched, which was Teri and David's B&B. Everything was excellent, the room, patio, HOT tub,massage, hosts, hospitality, the freedom of the ground floor and oh I nearly forgot the BREAKFAST!!! and cakes. Two chill out days before a very hectic but fantastic tour. A very sincere thank you and we hope one day we will return.

Room Tip: The Egyptian room leads straight onto the patio
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sylvesterdaisy
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the English Bed and Breakfast for one night. David and Teri were great hosts and made our stay very enjoyable!!! The hot tub was very relaxing and it was right outside our bedroom!!! We will definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lianne2014
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I recently stayed 2 nights at Terri and David's B&B and felt thoroughly at home. I was looking for a bit of a retreat while golfing in a tournament and this B&B offered exactly what I was looking for as well as being in a location that was easy to find and easy to access other parts of Calgary. I enjoyed the hot tub outside my room to relax my pent up muscles after a day on the Links and a sumptuous breakfast by Terri. Their backyard garden is delightful!

Room Tip: I liked the "Egyptian room" as it was close to the hot tub.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Janet M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed here recently for a few nights and had such a great stay. David and Teri were so friendly and helpful and the b&b was comfortable, clean and homely. Teri's breakfasts were delicious and it was great having access to their kitchen. The free wi-fi was great and the b&b is only a 10 minute walk to Dalhousie station, making it easy to get around Calgary.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank lc008
Arnhem, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We have seen about twelve B & B's during our trip in West Canada and the English B & B Day Spa was the second best! The best one was outstanding and the English B & B was very close to it! We liked the very personal touch of both David and Teri and enjoyed our stay very much. A B & B to stay at when you visit Calgary!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple