“Unbelievable coffee!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Instead of visiting Starbuck's for a quick client meeting, it was recommended to visit this cafe. The coffee was fantastic and clearly it is a favourite based on the traffic mid-morning.

1  Thank Jennifer M

Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Tried the Spanish Latte for a change. Was pleasantly surprised. Food was good — not exceptional.

1  Thank icFace
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I wandered across this location one morning and what a find. Best coffee around and great pastries too.

1  Thank TXTrekker
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I don't think that I ever realized how good coffee could be until someone brought me to Artigiano. I used to drink the fancy 6 word lattes at Starbucks, only to realize that I needed all those syrups to cover up the taste of their coffee. Artigiano can be enjoyed by coffee purists. Their private reserve beans has a great nuttiness to it. The foam art is a nice touch, but not really needed if I'm going to slap a to go lid on it the second I get it. When it's busy in there, and it often is, I wish they'd just skip that step. I also really like their sandwiches. The Boccocini is my favourite.

I did try the fancy $15/$18 coffee once. The barista was trying to explain to me that I should pour out a little bit at a time and taste it at the different temperatures so that I could discover the different "notes" in the coffee, just like a fine wine. I admit, it just tasted like really strong coffee, and I had no idea what he was talking about and have never ordered it since.

But I love them for their regular coffees, lattes and sandwiches. Wish there were more locations around downtown. Maybe they could take over a few of the Starbucks locations... since there are way too many of them.

Reviewed April 17, 2009

If it wasn't so far from my office building, I would go everyday. They have friendly, knowledgeable staff. Amazing lattes and espresso. And I love the designs that they create with the milk, foam and coffee.