Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South
Hotel Arts(Calgary)
$109
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$135
  • Breakfast included
$94
Delta Hotels
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$189
$142
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

The Fairmont Palliser(Calgary)
$443
$153
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$156
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$83
$80
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $93/night.

All reviewsthe holiday innc trainfront deskclose to downtownchinook mallstampede parklrt stationindoor pooltwo night staybed was comfortablepillowsloungeconvention
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Recently my Flight was cancelled into Calgary and unfortunately I didnt find out until after 6pm because I was on another flight. I then called the hotel and spoke to the manager who stated I had to call Orbitz as I booked the room through them. I called Orbitz and told them all the details and the nice lady said she would call the hotel directly. After a few minutes she came back on and said the manager was quite rude and said the contract states if you dont cancel before 6pm you have to pay the full amount. I then called the hotel again and funny enough the manager was very hard to get a hold of this time. When I spoke to one of the staff I explained that at worst I should end up paying for one night and I would understand. NOPE even though it wouldnt make sense to fly to Calgary as I would miss my appointment I would still PAY for both nights. I really tried to do my due diligence and call the hotel but all they want is the money. I WILL NEVER book at this hotel and be wary if you use a travel site they are very unforgiving.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Erik J
HolidayInnCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Thank you for your review and concerns, when a guest books through Orbitz this transaction is with Orbitz directly, Hotels charge the Orbitz credit card for any guest reservations, the Hotel does not have access to the guests credit card. Your reservation was cancelled late on Wednesday evening and our Hotel was running full occupancy so we charged for this late reservation cancellation. We are more than willing to refund for the second evening however we have already charged Orbitz, and Orbitz had already charged your credit card for the reservation, Orbitz should have explained these cancellation rules, Our Hotel does not charge for an entire stay cancellation, I strongly suggest you contact Orbitz and request a refund, once this refund has been confirmed Orbitz will contact the Hotel to advise of refund and in turn we credit Orbitz. The evening in which you contacted us you were on hold to speak to the Manager in which you firmly expressed to the agent a remark and hung up, We are more than happy to credit this stay and look forward to applying this refund upon conact with Orbitz.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Not a great layout, front desk said you needed to climb stairs to reach any of the rooms. I found that if you are on any of the floors you can drive around to the north side of the building and enter there. Then you can use luggage buggy to the elevator and get to your floor. Kind of crappy, as for the front desk staff, they should have known this was an option and suggested it. Restaurant was ok, nothing great. Stayed for 3 nights because of the location as it is close to stampede park. You can even catch the train behind the hotel and save the $13.00 parking at the Stampede centre. No fridge, so you couldn't even keep water cold.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BigLakeCountry
HolidayInnCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry to hear your stay was inconvenienced due to the stairs. Our Hotel is only 4 levels and that does require one to take 7 stairs up to the 4th or 7 stairs down to the 3rd floor from the main entrance. Stairs also lead down to the second floor and there is an elevator which connects all floors in the middle of the Hotel. Our Hotel is on a hill so it slopes. On the North side of our property we have 3 guest entrances, 2 require stairs to get to your floor and then to an elvator which is located once again in the middle of the Hotel, we also have an entrance that is ground level and for your assistance we have luggage carts, from this entrance you enter and then take the elevator to the floor you desire. I apologize if our agents never provided you with proper directions or with our Hotel map pointing out these entrances and options, I will certainly ensure they are advised of this important feature that is to be communicated to all of our guests. Thank you and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Went there on a convention in Stampede park, and a client book me into this Holiday Inn which is near to the venue. Right behind the hotel is a train station to the Stampede ground, very convenient. The Room is pretty small for a Canadian hotel. Got a room facing the car park, behind the hotel. Quiet and nice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank scubadude9
HolidayInnCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Thank you very much the review and more importantly taking the time to provide us along with others your experience. Our rooms are smaller than other Hotels, rooms with 2 beds certainly take up more room than our King size rooms and or single bedded rooms that offer much more space. With the LRT (light rail transit) it is very accesible behind our hotel, you can be at the Stampede grounds in 5 minutes and downtown is 10 minutes or less. We wish you a Happy New Year and hope you are able to return and visit us again.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 26, 2011

This hotel has a stupid design and an idiotic layout. First of all, it's built into a slope which isn't good for parking or access. When you arrive, the area in front of the door is very small for unloading your vehicle. Traveling with another couple and a dog means you have a lot of junk to unload.

The front desk told us the entrance to our rooms was from the side parking lot. We loaded the cart and went through a side entrance only to find stairs between us and our room. We moved our luggage and the cart by hand and got to the elevator. Only later did we find out there was another entrance to the first floor rooms that had direct access to our rooms. This hotel is too cheap and lazy to put signs on the entrances so you will know which doors are for which floors. It would have saved us a lot of bother. It seems the whole layout of the hotel was done by an amateur architect. So many levels, stairs, and small crooked corridors.

We had two rooms, and one of the rooms still had luggage in it and was obviously occupied. Nice work. The rooms were like cracker boxes, the smallest I've seen outside Tokyo.

About the only good thing I can say is a light rail is almost in the back of their parking lot.... very easy to get downtown.

Some time after our return home Holiday Inn requested feedback on our stay at this hotel, and I gave it. The result was that they refunded the price of one room, $174. So that was decent of them. At least you know that they do listen.

The response from the hotel mentioned that they asked if we needed assistance. Quite honestly, I don't recall that but I'll take them at their word. However, we didn't know how screwy the layout was, had we known that our response might have been different.

One thing I did forget to put in my first review.... the office chair in the room was the type you can adjust for height. Well, after adjustment the chair would slowly settle to it's lowest lever. Clearly, it needs replacement.

Also, the very small size of the room might have been tolerable except that there was a huge fold-out sofa stuffed into the room. You had to climb over the arm of the sofa to get into bed. This hotel seems to cater to people who like to cram the maximum number of bodies into a room.

Room Tip: Try to find one at ground level and study the layout beforehand. Most rooms seem to be up, down, or around screwy hallways.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Box134

Thank you for your review and we do apologize for the problems you encountered. We do understand your concerns regarding the Hotel building site but we have three North entrances into the Hotel, 1 door leading to first floor and elevators, 2nd door leading up the stairs to second floor and a 3rd entrance not including the main entrance that leads you to the 3rd and 4th floor. We make it a policy to ensure proper directins are given and we do apologize if there was a misunderstanding, and as you have noted we review every single concern and take immediate action to show you we listen and attempt to resolve issues. Our rooms are small, and unfortunately our lower level rooms which are offered to guests with pets are smaller. We are located directly behind the LRT and this is very helpful with guests that wish to leave the car behind. As for transportation from the Airport, we are located south end of the city and the Airport is far North, there are taxis, major roads, as well as shuttle services, so all the options are available to our travelling guests.

Sincerely and thank you