“Very relaxing spa but facial inadequate”
Review of Stillwater Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stillwater Spa
Ranked #5 of 73 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Very relaxing spa but facial inadequate”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the top spa in Calgary. Private hot tub in female changing area. Very ambient and lots of privacy. I like coming here for a relaxing spa treat. It's not as crowded as other spa which I like. Facial though is a bit inadequate, they don't use steam or do extractions. Massage is good. Will return but not for facials.

3 Thank Stm_eternity

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very relaxing”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stillwater spa is lovely. It is clean and comfortable. I have had a massage, facial and pedicure and loved them all. I would highly recommend.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Diane G
Calgary
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Best massage ever”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked the couples massage for her birthday. The change room was clean and well appointed. The staff were polite and pleasant without being overly chatty. We were offered some food and refreshments beforehand in the lounge, which was very nice. The one hour massage was absolutely the best I have ever had. Very thorough, relaxing and Tara worked out a couple of long term sore spots very effectively. Highly recommended!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank selmer
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Don't bother- despite its appearance not a high quality spa”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Reading the other reviews on here it was very interesting to read the stories involving gift certificates- I have been to many spas I have never had this much trouble using a gift certificate ever. Unfortunately I was at Stillwater twice- it took a ridiculous amount of time to sort out my gift certificate the first time and then when I came back to use the rest of it, despite calling ahead and confirming they had a record of it in their computer, AGAIN they told me they couldn't confirm my gift certificate and tried to insist that I pay for my services. They also wanted to call (on a long weekend) my sister who had purchased the gift certificate for me to confirm the certificate was actually for me. Both times I was delayed at least 20 minutes while they sorted it out. This is on top of additional frustration with my first experience when I booked a half hour massage treatment in lieu of an hour (as per my gift certificate) as they didn't have availability and was told that I could just use the other half hour at another time. Of course, when I went to the counter they tried to charge me the much higher half hour rate. Overall, completely average treatments at best and poor, poor customer service- although they did make attempts to remedy the situation after, both my visits were completely ruined by all the hassle. This place really needs to get its act together.

Visited May 2013
12 Thank TLK587
Calgary
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Pretty Average”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have had many pedicures over the years at quite a variety of spas. This was definitely one of the more expensive ones at $105.00 for a one hour service. The lounge areas are very nice although my daughter and I could not access the hot tub, not having brought bathing suits and not wishing to bathe au naturel. Would have been nice to have been told that this was available so we could plan ahead. Oh well.

The first negative that I encountered was a poor selection of polish colours, particularly in the pink range. There was literally nothing there that I liked at all. The technician told me that they usually have a much greater range of colours but that they had run out and were on order. This, of course, is of no help to the client and illuminates a problem with whoever is supposed to do the ordering of supplies. Shouldn't these things be ordered BEFORE you run out?? Had I known that there would be such a paucity of polish I could have brought my own for the technician to use. Oh well.

The pedicure itself was fine until the massage of the legs and feet. She used such a light touch that it didn't even feel like a massage. During the massage she was pretty much lost in thought, not really concentrating on what she was doing. As a result, what is, in my opinion, the best part of a pedicure was really unsatisfactory and disappointing. Oh well.

Overall, I did not feel that this was a one hundred dollar pedicure. And yes, I tipped, so it was $120.00. The polish job was just average. You can get a better pedicure at any of the many salons in Calgary that provide this service. Oh well.

Visited May 2013