“Pretty Average”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Pretty Average”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have had many pedicures over the years at quite a variety of spas. This was definitely one of the more expensive ones at $105.00 for a one hour service. The lounge areas are very nice although my daughter and I could not access the hot tub, not having brought bathing suits and not wishing to bathe au naturel. Would have been nice to have been told that this was available so we could plan ahead. Oh well.

The first negative that I encountered was a poor selection of polish colours, particularly in the pink range. There was literally nothing there that I liked at all. The technician told me that they usually have a much greater range of colours but that they had run out and were on order. This, of course, is of no help to the client and illuminates a problem with whoever is supposed to do the ordering of supplies. Shouldn't these things be ordered BEFORE you run out?? Had I known that there would be such a paucity of polish I could have brought my own for the technician to use. Oh well.

The pedicure itself was fine until the massage of the legs and feet. She used such a light touch that it didn't even feel like a massage. During the massage she was pretty much lost in thought, not really concentrating on what she was doing. As a result, what is, in my opinion, the best part of a pedicure was really unsatisfactory and disappointing. Oh well.

Overall, I did not feel that this was a one hundred dollar pedicure. And yes, I tipped, so it was $120.00. The polish job was just average. You can get a better pedicure at any of the many salons in Calgary that provide this service. Oh well.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank Winderbelle

Calgary, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Excellent service and beautiful tranquil setting”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

While staying at the Hyatt for my husbands work, the oilfield wives were treated to a spa day.
We had full access to the spa and while there I was fortunate enough to get a facial and a manicure, both I highly recommend.
The ladies were very patient and professional worrying about my comfort and ease.
You are given. Robe and sandals, with treats and water to enjoy while waiting for your service.
I had the facial first which was beyond relaxing! While in the room I was explained how my skin is and what I can do to improve it all without feeling pressured to purchase the product in house.
My manicure was upstairs and after offering me a drink we sat and she followed the lead of my conversation.
Should you find yourself at the Hyatt or just in Calgary, I really recommend spending a bit of time at the spa even if it is just something as simple as the manicure, although the facial is very recommended if you want to look and feel amazing.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jackie M
Calgary
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Was expecting something special”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I usually go to a small shop for a mani pedi.. Stillwater would not do shellac or gel without a special appt. .the girl scraped off the shellac rather than using remover and there was nothing done except cuticles and nail polish.some salt scrub on my legs but nothing else .A lot of money for the lovely cucumber ice water fruit and granola bar they provide in a beautiful spa..Go to the little girls at the neighbourhood nail shop for 1/3 the cost and 5 times the service very disappointing

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Buzzycalgary
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Didn't feel relaxed during my massage”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been to Stillwater about 4-5 times in the past 2 years for massages and all previous visits were good but nothing overly special; my last visit however was horrible and I am considering not going back for a while. I had a 90 minute massage scheduled and it started off as they all do, pretty relaxing in the waiting area; it all changed when my therapist started working on me, as she was moving the sheets to get to certain parts of the body she was pulling and tugging at the drapes and grunting and complaining that the sheets were not placed properly the entire massage. She made me feel like her work was a bother to her, and I felt awkward the whole time. She was very unprofessional in how she handled my body and quite rough, for example throwing the head rest down after I turned onto my back and sighing and sitting loudly into her stool to work on my neck. I just felt more tense and like I was troubling her to work on me. I am hesitating, wondering if I should call Stillwater to tell them of the experience to prevent others from feeling like I did, however, I don't want to get her in trouble; for the price of the services I feel like every visit should be at least a good if not excellent one.

Visited November 2012
8 Thank Bluepoint_kitty
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was here with my gf's for a girls day! Staff were extremely nice and services werent bad! I will go here again !

Visited September 2012