“Was expecting something special”
Review of Stillwater Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stillwater Spa
Ranked #7 of 82 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I usually go to a small shop for a mani pedi.. Stillwater would not do shellac or gel without a special appt. .the girl scraped off the shellac rather than using remover and there was nothing done except cuticles and nail polish.some salt scrub on my legs but nothing else .A lot of money for the lovely cucumber ice water fruit and granola bar they provide in a beautiful spa..Go to the little girls at the neighbourhood nail shop for 1/3 the cost and 5 times the service very disappointing

2  Thank Buzzycalgary

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been to Stillwater about 4-5 times in the past 2 years for massages and all previous visits were good but nothing overly special; my last visit however was horrible and I am considering not going back for a while. I had a 90 minute massage scheduled and it started off as they all do, pretty relaxing in the waiting area; it all changed when my therapist started working on me, as she was moving the sheets to get to certain parts of the body she was pulling and tugging at the drapes and grunting and complaining that the sheets were not placed properly the entire massage. She made me feel like her work was a bother to her, and I felt awkward the whole time. She was very unprofessional in how she handled my body and quite rough, for example throwing the head rest down after I turned onto my back and sighing and sitting loudly into her stool to work on my neck. I just felt more tense and like I was troubling her to work on me. I am hesitating, wondering if I should call Stillwater to tell them of the experience to prevent others from feeling like I did, however, I don't want to get her in trouble; for the price of the services I feel like every visit should be at least a good if not excellent one.

8  Thank Bluepoint_kitty
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was here with my gf's for a girls day! Staff were extremely nice and services werent bad! I will go here again !

1  Thank beckycandy
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Loved the space, loved the service, loved the front desk gals. This place was very pleasant and I received a decent massage finally after years of getting some of the crappiest ones on earth. I wanted to take my BFF who is visiting this month however, it's closed for reno's. Boo. But thanks for a great experience.

1  Thank Humblerootswellness
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've been to the Stillwater Spa a total of two times. My second being just recently. I have yet to be dissapointed with the level of customer service that this spa evokes. It is the essence of pure relaxation. From the quiet and serene environment, to the bounty of snacks and quiet spaces.
The massage I had was absolutley amazing, and well worth the money. The massage therapist asked me questions about pin pointing trouble areas, and regarding her pressure. I was able to relax, and take my time leading up to the appointment, and thereafter also.
Highly recommend this spa to anyone who is looking to fully unwind and relax.

Also - if you are not a patrone of the hotel, when you park underground, the spa comps your parking.

5  Thank Crystal G