“Excellent experience”

Vero Bistro Moderne
Reserve with OpenTable
Vero Bistro Moderne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,684 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Sunnyside
Cross street: Kensington Road
Description: With an atmosphere that breathes relaxed elegance, Vero Bistro presents a menu that defines inspired Italian Fusion Cuisine. Vero's Chef Jenny believes strongly in the importance of fresh, healthy food while supporting the local community and strives to create flavourful inspired cuisine using quality ingredients sourced from a variety of trusted local producers, Remarkable starters and plates designed for sharing are offered along side hearty entrees, such as the house made pasta, grass fed beef, seafood, lamb, chicken and duck, with many gluten-free options available. Featured small plates include Truffled Edamame, Baby Calamari Frito with romesco and the Signature Sweet Potato Gnocchi with wild boar bacon and gorgonzola, as well as more substantial offerings, such as the Surf & Turf Platter, Spring Creek Grass Fed Rib Eye Steak, Steamed Seabass with lemon risotto and "The Seafood Platter". No Menu Tuesdays $39/guest Steak & Frites on Wednesdays 3 courses $39/guest Brunch Sat & Sun 10 AM-2 PM
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Upon my daughters insistence we visited Vero, hoping to try the homemade ravioli. We were disappointed at first because their Wednesday night menu was "Steak and Frites". We had already been seated and decided to stay and try the special. The steak was amazing! It was the most tender, yummiest steak I had ever tasted. We had a delicious salad, some meatball appetizers which were delish, the steak and frites accompanied with a lime dipping sauce and a vanilla gelato/espresso desert for $39.00..... Everything was amazing!! My daughter is a regular, and I now understand why! I hope to return and try the ravioli soon!!! Thanks for a truly wonderful meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed April 22, 2014

On Tuesday night they have a mister dinner for $39.00 you don't know what is in the menu until you get there. We had a choice of fish or beef, we had one of each. It comes with appetizer salad and desert!. When we got there I notice that there was no salt and pepper it was strange but as our meat arrived You don't kneed to ad anything! It was perfection, servers were pristine. the combination of flavors that chef Jenny Chan puts together will keep us coming for ever! All I keep thinking was about that seen in the movie ratttui with the fire works when little chef is eating I know it sounds odd but it was so good. My husband took me there as a surprise for our anniversary. Cant wait to go back.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Vero is one of our favorite restaurants in Calgary. We have reviewed it before but had sucha a good time the other night I felt obliged to put in another review (and because the menu has changed a bit). The service is always superb, helpful, pleasant, never overbearing, we have never had an issue. The food is superb and the chef just took a sabbatical in spain, with super results. There is a wide variety of choices, portions are good and the combinations great. We had the Brussel sprouts carmelized, great and an arugula salad with artichoke fritters, super. Main course was a lamb dish, not cheap at 39 but very good size and wonderful tasting. Dessert was a creme Brulee, one of the best we had. Wine choices are always interesting. Vero is not cheap but for calgary fair and the overall experience wonderful.

1  Thank gajgmusic
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I don't know why I haven't reviewed this wonderful bistro. I spent my 40th there with my family and friends a few years ago and have been many many times for dinner. Recently we have been don't there weekly, every Sunday for brunch. We have a standing reservation. The guys are fantastic and the smoked meat Benny is the best west of Quebec. There is no better place for brunch. You can reserve do no line ups. Too old for that on a Sunday morning. And the food and service is five star!!!

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband celebrate our anniversary there, great service and fantastic food! We had pleasure time ! Will go back maybe for birthday or some other celebration because its quite expensive for normal dinner for us!