“thoroughly disappointing; I knew it was all headed down hill upon seeing "green tea" made with no-name brand tea bags...”

A+ Buffet Sushi & Bar
Reserve a Table
Fri, 2/21
8:00 PM
OR
Order Online
Ranked #2,671 of 4,407 Restaurants in Calgary
Description: A+ Buffet, Sushi & Bar offers a variety of authentic Asian cuisine with the serve of your hands. You take your time to decide what to eat and most importantly the amount you eat for every dish. We also offer a large variety of freshly imported seafood. Last but not least, desserts! We offer a wide variety of desserts to choose from!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

...and 2/5 is being generous.

There was a large number of us; we started off by asking for green tea. Completely disappointed when it came, the "green tea" was in no-name tea bags bought from the local superstore, weak and tasteless beyond all measure <SENT IT BACK> ...If you go to an Asian restaurant, *THAT IS CHARGING $30.00 PER PLATE/ PER PERSON* you expect proper decent loose green/jasmine tea, not some powdered crap in bags you get for a dollar at the local gas station.

Secondly, the ginger beef....The ginger beef was cut extremely thin , was mostly gristle, and was extremely hard to chew; the "sauce"/syrup was so tasteless and watery, the battered pieces of gristle were getting soggy minute by minute, until all that remained after several minutes was a gross pile of mush...

Thirdly they try to act classy, by offering steamed "lobster"...(I bet you scoffed at that - and rightfully so)...Upon a closer look, the "lobster" was nothing but lobster heads thoracic shells and empty body cavities....YOU KNOW, THE CRAP YOU THROW OUT AFTER EATING A LOBSTER. They apparently think this crap (lobster shells) is food that is fit to be served in a $30.00 per plate buffet.

Fourthly, the beef with pepper / black bean sauce had no pepper in it, had no flavour, had no taste except salt; a poor bland pathetic dish, their own janitor could probably cook better.

This review is getting long, so I'm not going to mention the chubby, arrogant waitress or the revolting creme brulee ...But overall, this place was pathetic and honestly *the WORST* Asian buffet (and most expensive) I have been to in this province.

I will not be returning. FOOD TASTE/ QUALITY - 1/5; VALUE FOR MONEY -1/5; SERVICE - 2/5; AMBIANCE - 4/5 ***TOTAL 2/5***

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank 786-876
Write a reviewReviews (59)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

I go here for the sushi rolls and steamed dumplings and that’s it. There are tons of food options but literally everything is ice cold. Every item. Their heaters don’t do anything.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank RoundTheWorld38
Reviewed December 31, 2019

If you are someone who like me gets ticked off for being taken advantage of you may wish to check first with them whether the day you are going is a holiday by their unique, unsupported, definitions. I found out that according to them New Years eve is a holiday. So who knows what else is a holiday, Christmas eve, American Thanksgiving, Valentines day, Chinese New Year, Ashura, Hanukkah, Asalha Puja? The sky is the limit if they are not just using Alberta stat holidays as their guide...

Also, the picture you see on the website is not accurate. I have been to the dinner twice (once on a weekend) just this last week and sadly no crab legs or lobster as is portrayed in the picture. The dinners offers eel sushi and salmon sashimi that I liked, and still has a ton of variety of dishes, but in the end I think I will stick to weekday lunch at this place and save the $12 or so versus the weekend dinner.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 19, 2019

I have tried a number of all-you-can-eat places to go in, eat and get back to work; so far this is the best I found.
I have to say I don't care about stamp promotions, running children, cigarette butts outside, and I did not find food that was cold and should have been warm. I filled my plate four times after the soup and did it for twenty dollars including tip. That is what I look for and that is what they delivered. You are limited only by the time you want to spend.
This was second only to the Brazilian "rodizio" places like Minas or Gaucho, but those would cost double for lunch, triple for dinner.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 29, 2019 via mobile

We went here with a friend who recommended it. I’m sorry to say I wouldn’t recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good Asian food! There is a huge selection of food displayed under weird lighting that makes it look unappetizing, also the food was cold! The name tags on the food were dirty looking, very off putting. Unruly, unsupervised children running around all over the place. Not my idea of a pleasant experience.

Date of visit: November 2019