“Everything is amazing.”

Chef's Table at Kensington Riverside Inn
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 10 "A" Street
Transit: Close to Sunnyside C-train station
Description: Chef's Table is a CAA four-diamond award-winning upscale 40-seat restaurant residing at the Kensington Riverside Inn, Calgary's only Relais & Chateaux property. Chef's Table is one of Calgary's top fine-dining establishments, serving modern French cuisine in a uniquely memorable dining experience. Chef de Cuisine Michel Nop showcases his passion for food in our open concept kitchen. Enjoy breakfast, dinner or weekend brunch in our intimate 40-seat restaurant. Dine indoors or sit outside on our patio overlooking the Bow River, open seasonally from mid-May through September. Be sure to ask about our ever-changing tasting menus with wine pairings. Passing through the neighbourhood? ... Chef's Table is available for special events, receptions and weddings.
calgary, ab
“Everything is amazing.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Honestly, I don't think you could make a wrong decision at this restaurant. Everything is amazing. We've dined here more than once and it is always superb!

Visited January 2012

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guaranteed creatively prepared cuisine”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our dining experience was nothing but Exquisite, Marvelous, and Superb! The brilliant hues of the chef’s dish’s danced on our plates while the taste of flavors made our taste buds sing, as though specifically reserved for our pallets. The progressive blending of fine cuisine and the hospitality of our server certainly made for a delightful and memorable evening.

Respectfully yours,

Anita and Rod

• Visited July 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Breakfast after our Wedding night at Kensington Inn”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We had one of the best Eggs Benedict I have ever had at Chef's table the morning after our Wedding. We stayed at the Kensington Inn which was really Great. The coffee was a Costa Rican blend that was one of the best I have ever had. Living in Calgary we don't get out much for Breakfast but we will be coming back here again for sure.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Chomack
“Wow!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Best meal in a long long time. Bravo! Charming. Excellent. Timeless. I tip my hat, well done.

Calgary, Canada
“Overpriced and slow for a 10 table restaurant.”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We made reservations for a table for three for 8:45 on a Saturday night. We arrived right on time and I don't know if they were short staffed that night but we waited in the lobby/lounge for at least five minutes before someone walked by to tell us they'd "be with us in a moment". We sat down in the lobby and waited for at least another ten minutes before they brought us to our table. We were given a just a wine and drink menu to start, which makes one feel obligated to order an alcoholic beverage.

After our drinks were delivered we're we given dinner menus. To my disappointment, they did not have any foie gras that night. My husband and our friend ordered the Seared Szechuan Coriander Scallop appetizer while I ordered the Cured Pork Belly. They were all pretty good but nothing exceptionally outstanding. My husband was disappointed that the scallop dish only came with 1 scallop but 2 oysters. He would've rather traded the oysters for more scallops.

For entrees, we ordered the AAA Beef Tenderloin, Milk Fed Veal Saltimbocca, and Chef's (butternut Sqaush) Risotto. The Veal dish was flavorful with the veal wrapped in prosciutto. The Tenderloin was cooked to the correct doneness but nothing exceptional. The Risotto, unfortunately, was way too salty an had to be sent back. The manager brought out a replacement dish with apologies and offered the dish on the house.

For dessert, we shared the Deconstructed Creme Brûlée and the (Deconstructed) Lemon Meringue. Both were very tasty.

At the end of the evening, they had comp'd us a coffee, my risotto and my cocktail which was generous of them. The dishes were all very beautifully presented. All in all, it's a nice restaurant and the food was good, but for the price, we expected more of a "wow" factor (e.g. $30 for a vegetable risotto).

4 Thank nsyvenky
WernaCalgary, General Manager at Chef's Table at Kensington Riverside Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Good afternoon and thank you for your honest feedback of your experience at Chef's Table. We constantly strive to provide the highest level of professional service and quality food, regardless of our staffing situations, and I would like to apologize for your less than average experience. I assure you your concerns will be addressed with all necessary staff and management and we will use this as an opportunity for growth and improvement. I certainly hope this one instance will not deter you from joining us in the future and we look forward to hosting you again.

Yours in Hospitality,