“Spa”
Review of RNR Wellness Spa

RNR Wellness Spa
Ranked #12 of 88 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: RnR Wellness is a quaint Boutique Spa located on the lower level of the Fairmont Palliser Hotel. Owned and operated by successful Calgary entrepreneur, Elisabeth Fayt, our goal is to provide a unique spa experience in the heart of downtown. Highly-trained, professional therapists, giving the utmost in personal care through a complete range of spa services offered in a cozy pool-side atmosphere.
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is located in the Palliser hotel on the bottom floor, they've tried really hard to make the loacation work, it dose but not so well. The warmth of a nice spa is not really there due to the walking from one area to another because they are working with the location that was there to begain with as it was not build for it to be a spa. I went for a full day spa and wanted to head a little early 20mins to use the pool or steam room and no one was there and arrived after 9am......not impressive for a full day of spa

4  Thank yegana b
"minute couples massage"
"moroccan oil"
"mani pedi"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this spa"
"great massage"
"esthetician"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I too had great expectations of this spa as it is in the Fairmont Palliser. I was greatly disappointed. The robe they give you to change into was very worn out and felt icky. I was told to cross the hotel hallway into their lounge where complimentary refreshments and snacks were provided. First off the room is TINY. There was a couple who were sitting in the recline chairs and the other available seat without having to get them to sit up was a normal chair that faced them. It was awkward to say the least...I kept hoping the masseuse would arrive. The complimentary refreshments and snacks were tea and quaker oats granola bars. Not exactly what I had in mind to what was promised.

The massage itself was disappointing. I was in a couples room (but only me) and could hear guests from the hotel in the hallway. Hard to relax with that. The massage therapist disappointed as there was not much variety in her massage, and her pressure was light even though I asked her to increase it. She ended with a strange head massage that was just like someone waving their hands in your hair...my hair dresser gives a much better head massage.

For all the spas out there in Calgary I would definitely recommend going elsewhere...the convenience of it being in the hotel isn't enough as otherwise the experience is very poor.

4  Thank Disney-Gal-Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I started going to RnR at its previous location and found the massages good although the steam shower was the main draw. Since relocating they have hired new staff who are immature and do not provide a good massage. After one massage I requested a different masseuse because it was like receiving a really expensive back rub. The masseuse I had the next time spent the entire time using excessive force despite my request for her to stop. I would never recommend this spa to anyone and think the Fairmont Palliser needs to cancel their contract with RnR

2  Thank lookingtorelax_23
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Not only did my appointment time change the day prior to my appointment, which was fine. But I was over 35 mintues late getting my service.
The service was not only the worst experience ever, the estitician was extremely unqualified. To add salt to injury (literally) I got a 20% off the service because of the personal damage to my body, took quite a few days to recover but no compensation for being delayed.
I will never go back for any treatments again. Please do not go to this spa!!!!

2  Thank insassy