“Post Hotel delivers a memorable experience!!!”
Review of Post Hotel & Spa

Post Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2010

It had been at least a decade since I'd been to the Post Hotel for dinner, and I'd have to say, it is still as I remember it ... expanded and upgraded a bit, and, with the same cosy log-cabin, rustic look throughout ... but still an exceptional restaurant with great service and wonderful ambience, especially in winter ... we arrived a couple minutes past our reservation (6 p.m.), only to discover we had been crossed off the list ... the maitre d (not the friendliest chap, but nonetheless efficient) quickly restored our rez and had us promptly seated ... and, not the greatest table either at first glance, tucked in a corner in a small room, but as we were to discover later in the evening as the place filled up, the staff tended to dote on us a bit more and could linger for interesting conversations ... as I mentioned, the service was nothing short of impeccable -- each staffer appeared to be hand-picked for their friendly and gracious personality ... at the same time, they did not hover, but were there when you needed them ... for instance, at no time did my water glass or wine glass go empty ... in fact, I suggest other restaurant managers SHOULD go to this restaurant to see how it's done ... oh yes, the meal ... in a word, fantastic ... I had a delightful seafood appetizer; superbly cooked scallops that melted in your mouth, with a sprinkling of dipping sauce ... followed by a house specialty, Zurich-style veal, with a mushroom cream sauce and rosti potatoes ... paired with a carafe of the house French red, I truly savoured each morsel ... trying to make it last longer ... my companion had an exceptional salad, that he described as light, crisp and tasty ... followed by the tenderloin with just the right covering of gorgonzola and asparagus ... again, it was cooked to perfection, as everything seemed to be ... then the dessert ... afraid to say, I cant recall quite what it was (had a bit too much wine at this point), but it was quite chocolately and exquisite ... my friend had the creme brulee ... or rather, three creme brulees! ... it came in three separate containers ... one vanilla, one chocolate and one coffee flavoured ... UN-believable ... and each covering was perfectly encrusted by the chef ... all in all, this proved to be a memorable dining experience -- portions were just about right as well ... unlike many other high-end restaurants where one can go away wanting, we were stuffed after the three courses, which also included freshly baked dinner bread... so, including a healthy tip, wine and after-dinner coffee, it came to about $135 per person ... a bit pricey, but worth every penny!!!! ... and, I'd go back in a heartbeat ... HIGHLY recommended ...

Reviewed December 21, 2010

I thought one of the prior reviewers was exaggerating (or being generous) to compare Post Hotel Restaurant with The French Laundry in Napa and I still think it's a stretch to make the comparison, yet I now understand why the comparison was made. The food is nothing short of outstanding and the atmosphere was excellent. If you are a wine connoisseur (I am not), you will not be disappointed, with more than 25,000 bottles to choose from among (see attached photo for just a small glimpse into their extensive wine cellar). Each course was ideally prepared and had just the right balance of spice to bring out the best flavor. It is expensive, although certainly a worthy spend. Do not miss this restaurant when you are in the Lake Louise area. Or even if you are in Banff (about 40 minutes away), it is worth the drive.

1  Thank Jonvilliers
Reviewed September 5, 2010

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our delicious meal and wine at this restaurant. We have splurged at a dinner at the French Laundry in Napa and felt that this was a better dinner and value. We would definitley dine there again. Our waiter was Italian and he provided excellent and intensive service without being intrusive.

1  Thank ConnieP
Reviewed August 19, 2010

On the spur of the moment when returning from a trip to the Icefields, we decided to try our luck at the Post Hotel's restaurant. The food and wines were marvelous as was the service. The meals are a bit pricey, but as others have said, this was the best meal of any during the trip through the Canadian Rockies and was well worth the price.

1  Thank jty
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My group of six was given the recommendation of stopping at the Post for a light meal before a program at the park office. We were told there was an informal pub with a good menu. We did not know the location of the pub so we went to the main restaurant for direction. When I inquired of the maitre d where the bar which served food was located, I was treated extremely rudely. A young lady standing nearby tried twice to assist me with directions only to be interrupted by this condescending, exceedingly rude man. There was no excuse for his behavior and it creates a lasting negative impression of the Post staff. He needs to learn a little humility and grace. I felt very sorry for the young lady who was trying to assist me as she was clearly embarrassed by his behavior. He doesn't wear haughty well.

Eventually we were given direction to the Outpost Pub. My meal was excellent and my companions reported theirs was good. There was a single server working in the very busy restaurant and although she was most pleasant service was extremely slow. In contrast to the formal dining room this is a very casual and comfortable place for a meal.

2  Thank cmcfong