“THE best massage”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“THE best massage”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Expensive, but worth it. The spa is small but perfectly formed. The massages are out of this world.
We also had supper at the Post and were treated to the most lovely food and sumptuous wine. Again, expensive, but worth it

Visited February 2013
2 Thank NikkiGats

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“friendly setting”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The pub has a nice warm feel, and it feels like a pub, rather than a manufactured tourist pub you sometimes get in a resort.

We went on a Saturday evening, so it was busy, and the service wasn't brilliant. It was OK. My three friends had the special and they thought it was very good. I had the quesadilla and didn't really enjoy them. They were greasy and stodgy. My friends have been a few times and really rate the food, so if it was them writing this review the rating would have been higher. Therefore I would give it another chance and go again.

1 Thank Lee W
Birmingham, Alabama
“If you eat one great meal, eat here.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Ate at the restaurant at the Post Hotel in Lake Louise for my wife's 50th birthday and Wow! Maybe it was the friends with us or maybe it was the fresh falling snow but this place is special. Exposed birch timbers and string lights lead to quaint table sittings and and incredible fare. The service was outstanding. Knowledgeable, accommodating and the largest wine cellar in the Canadian Rockies. Ask for a tour of the cellars after dinner. Get dessert and make sure to soak it all up. Fabulous experience.

1 Thank lingjet
Ontario
“Cozy little place, great food!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We decided to try the Outpost Pub because we weren't in the mood for spending an arm and a leg for an entree, and were happy to be just eating a casual meal. Upon reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, it seemed like the Outpost Pub was part of the Post Hotel, yet was not mentioned on their website. We followed others' instructions in regards to finding the place, so we just kept walking till we got towards the back of the hotel, and found the pub, which was literally a hole in the wall. The pub was more like a lounge, with big cushy couches and a roaring fireplace. We noted the servers were a lot younger and more casual than the ones in the restaurant upstairs. We asked the server, and she said they used the same kitchen as the restaurant upstairs (even the bread they gave was the exact same). I went against my gut and ordered the pizza (as I had burgers for days); it was like any other pizza. Should have went with my gut and ordered a burger, which many people did, and the patties looked thick and juicy. My husband, on the other hand, ordered the hungarian goulash, and the server said she made a great choice. The last time we had goulash was when we went to Hungary about 4 years ago, so we were excited to try it. It was actually very good, the homemade spatzle pasta was very unique and fun, and the dish just came together. Having went to the restaurant upstairs the night before, I thought the dish was actually worthy of being served in the high end restaurant, it was that good. I think you just have to be smart about what you order at the Outpost Pub; ask the servers for recommendations, and don't order the plain jane food that you would not expect too much out of.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Joanie T
Ontario
“Exceptional! One of the best meals I have ever had!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We decided to try the Post Hotel on our first evening in Lake Louise based on reviews. We did not know much about the restaurant as we did not do too much research, so we did not know what to expect. We showed up in the hotel and made our way to the restaurant; we were greeted kindly and our jackets taken. We were seated down close to the party room where a conference was going on, so at times it was noisy, but as long as the door was closed, it was fine. The restaurant has a whimsical feel to it, decorated with white Christmas lights strung up in the ceiling with large orange lanterns. Our waiter Michael was EXCEPTIONAL; he was very friendly, did a great wine suggestion, had proper etiquette; was just fabulous. We ordered the salmon trio appetizer which was very delicious and fresh, the mustard and yogurt dips were paired off very well to the different types of salmon on the plate. I ordered the stroganoff as I had a craving for pasta, and the homemade noodles were perfect (I usually picture beef stroganoff as dark brown slop, but this was chunks of tender beef, that were even more tender than the filet mignon steak I had at an upscale steak place in Calgary). My husband's filet mignon was to die for; it was literally melt in your mouth, you barely had to chew it. Never had a steak so good. We asked the server jokingly where they got the cow from; he said it was good old Alberta beef; now why are the other restaurants out there getting a product more inferior? The owners were making their rounds, and we noted there were quite a few parties who seem to be frequent visitors to the restaurant. This place is fancy, and the prices are higher (equivalent to the Fairmont), but the food is exceptional. I would definitely come to this place again, and recommend it to everyone. Oh yes, don't forget their selection of 2200 types of wines! Our server was even nice enough to let us take pictures in their spectacular wine cellar.

• Visited January 2013