“Total Elegance and Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Post Hotel & Spa

Post Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Cuisines: European, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Total Elegance and Quality”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant and staff create magic.....an evening you will never forget!

The food and service are beyond belief, the attention to detail unsurpassed, and the ambience amazing, especially during the holiday season.

It is pricey, but worth it.....save it for a special occasion...you won't be disappointed!

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Greater Cleveland
“Not a bad option in Lake Louise”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

There are very limited dining options in Lake Louise, as most of the town is under the monopoly of the Fairmont. This place is at the end of the Post hotel. Do not enter the lobby of the hotel but walk further down to the pub entrance. The atmosphere is a little weird. The clientele was primarily senior citizens. We ordered some poutine and a pizza. We actually sat down on a couch and ate on a coffee table. This place is great for large groups, but not very good for a romantic evening as a couple. It is more of a lounge, with many of the seats being couches. We asked for one of the items to not be included on our pizza. It came out with the item included. We complained and the pizza was remade and it was comped. The pizza was not great as it was very heavy on oregano. The poutine was ok. It's probably worth a shot if you're spending a lot of time at Lake Louise.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank ClevelandBeachBoy
Powell River, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Call me fussy"”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

After 10 days in our camper we were looking forward to a good meal and pleasant experience. Then Post was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately we found the service to be stiff and pretentious and the food over priced and disappointing. For this price we expected to be pleasantly surprised but found the food to be no more exciting than the Keg or Milestones. I love to cook so my expectations are high. For the price of an entre $40 to $55 I think we have the right to expect something out of the norm. The lobster bisque was just good not outstanding, my steak was very good but they forgot the brie, the beans were overcooked and the potatoes appeared to be roasted an hour or two before they arrived on my plate. The dessert was good but nothing you couldn't make at home. Even though my coffee was luke warm our waitress kindly made me a fresh new cup. the wine list on the other hand is extensive and excellent with a wide selection and something to please everyone. Call me fussy but for the price of an airline ticket I think we have a right to expect good service and excellent food and that was not our experience at the Post.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank heatherd58
Calgary, Canada
“Great casual location”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Was tucked under at the end of the post hotel. Fireplace and many couches as well as a few tables. Food was still expensive compared to standard pubs but for the area was very reasonable. Great food as I'm sure it shares a kitchen with the much higher end restaurant above. Ordered the specials and they were fantastic. $17 average for an entree

2 Thank Eladimir
Bucks County, PA
“Superb in Every Way”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had dinner at the Post Hotel and it was absolutely delicious. My wife had a lobster appetizer and black cod for her entree. I had duck broth with foie gras dumplings as my appetizer, and halibut for my main course. Everything was exquisite. The menu and wine list were both extensive and the ambience in the dining room was wonderful. The waiters and waitresses were very personable and attentive without being obtrusive. This is fine dining at its best and we would highly recommend it. It is not cheap to eat here, but it is weel worth the cost. They also have a very cozy fireplace area for after dinner drinks and relaxing.

• Visited September 2012