“Let's halt awhile”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

A worthwhile alternative to the more ostentatious hostelries that abound in the neighbourhood. Friendly welcome, attentive service, food that is sometimes unexpected but well prepared. Reasonable prices.

1  Thank hunger4d

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We arrived at this restaurant by luck. We had been looking for a place to eat and I turned down this road hoping we would find some where to go for lunch. We did!! We didn't know if the building was open as there was only one car in the parking lot, but it was. As soon as we walked through the door, we were impressed by the atmosphere. The building is the old railway station and it offers lots of history and antiques. Our waiter, Curtis, entertained us with good service, great stories and an abundance of energy. We sat near the fireplace and had soup and sandwiches. Our meal was excellent!! We look forward to returning on our next visit to the area.

1  Thank greenspratley
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We walked in without a reservation, still in hiking attire, and they "made it work for us." The meal was upscale, a bit more expensive than we were looking for, but delish. Beautiful atmosphere, terrific waitress/staff.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The restaurant has a very cozy homey feel with it's wooden furniture and big fireplace. The food is not bad but not amazing. One dish we enjoyed is the Vegetable Lasagne, the sauce is very very good. Service was very nice, and we do like the train tracks outside, maybe we will try the train dinning car next time.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate here twice and enjoyed both times. My husband and I enjoy history and antiques. This restaurant suited us perfectly. We enjoyed walking through and seeing all the memorabilia. Totally terrific. Frankly they could have served us sawdust on baked beans and I would still have enjoyed it. We were fortunate to be seated in the lounge area by the beautiful stone fireplace on a cool evening. I love a wood fire. Beautiful high back chairs that made me feel special! Lovely antique wood table and as staff walk about the wood floors creak reminding you of the Age of the building. It is the original CPR Lake Louise train station and you enjoy trains passing. The second night we went, the mountaineer came thru. It stopped with some passengers getting off to visit the Chateau. The first night I had the Seafood Chowder as my main course (not terribly hungry). Best I have ever tasted & I have been to Cape Cod. Breads were excellent. Wine reasonable & pleasant. Service was exceptional .... What you get at a very good restaurant. I wish I could return...just for the chowder. It is not cheap but I enjoyed it more than the two meals I had at Chateau Lake Louise (& they were terrific too). I just enjoyed the old wood floors, the staff and the fireplace. Best meals on our 6 day trip.