“Great place for a good meal”

Lake Louise Station Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“Great place for a good meal”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on the second night in Lake Louise. It is a beautiful building. We had the bison burger, two salads and the vegetarian lasagna. The salads and lasagna were decent and the bison burger was good.

There was an issue with the bison burger as I ordered it without cheese and when it came it had cheese residue on it. Someone in the kitchen had realized that there wasn't supposed to be cheese and had taken it off after already on. We sent it back and a new one came out very quickly. Too quickly in fact as it wasn't properly cooked. The third time was the charm however. The server was very apologetic even though it wasn't his fault.

Notwithstanding the burger issue, we really liked this place. It is child friendly and a good option when in lake louise.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Cavandash

• Polish first
Lac La Biche Alberta
“Good Service, OK Food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

There's not a lot of restaurants near Lake Louise, so we stopped here on the advice of a friend after a long day of touring around. The Fairmont restaurants at the hotel are very expensive, so we thought we'd try the Station.

My curry dish was just OK. I was hungry and it was OK. Frankly, I've made much better at home, and I'm not a chef by any stretch, but I do appreciate fine food. Would I go back to the Station? Maybe, but not for the curry.

Service was nice, though. I'd go to Bill Peyto's next time and get some basic food for less money.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bushed77
Woodbridge, Ontario
“Good food in a historic setting”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

It was just an elk burger I ordered, but I'm always challenged with running out of bun or meat first. This burger was effectively proportioned, and cooked perfectly. And the staff was super friendly and sincere.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank theteflonpm
Dallas, Texas
“Charming place for dinner”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were staying at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and the restaurants there were all booked due to many large tour groups and remodeling. We ventured out in the rain/snow and found a wonderful place--Lake Louise Station. The restaurant was warm and cozy. The remodeling of this old train station has been well done. Original wood floors and windows gave this place a lot of character. Good old pictures on the walls --fun place to visit. The staff was great. Our waiter was Curtis and all of his recommendations were terrific. I had the stuffed chicken and my husband had the pork chop and both were yummy. We highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TXFoodie75230
Edmonton, Canada
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I went here with my girlfriend during our trip to Lake Louise in March. We were surprised how dead Lake Louise is as a town, however, this restaurant made the trip for us. We went on a stormy night, which made the experience that much better. When we got there we were sat at a table right in front of a wood burning fire. This made for such an impressive atmosphere with the snow blowing outside while we were warm and comfy inside. The experience continued to get better from there. The staff were amazing, the food was delicious (the chef made an amazing bread that they brought out as a starter), and the drinks were even really good too. My girlfriend and I both agreed that it was the best dining experience we had ever had. Since we've gone, I've recommended it to anyone I talk to who are thinking about visiting the area.

• Visited March 2013