“some good items but nothing special”

Laggan's Mountain Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Lake Louise
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Discover a wonderful quick service café/restaurant and bakery in Lake Louise, AB. Laggan's Mountain Bakery & Delicatessen offers hot drinks and delicious meals made from scratch. With plenty of entrees and sandwiches under $10, our casual restaurant is the perfect pit stop on your Rocky Mountain vacation. We also offer a great range of vegetarian and gluten-free options. Be sure to try our famous Health Cookie to keep you fuelled for your adventure filled day!
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My expectations for Laggan's were fairly high based on what others had said, but aside from a couple of good items I was disappointed. The service is not very friendly or helpful, in marked contrast to the service we found almost everywhere else in the Canadian Rockies. They weren't rude at Laggan's, just seemed kind of bored. The table we sat at inside was not clean, and the bathroom was not too clean either (though it has to be taken into account that this was near closing time). On the first visit my husband asked for a beef pot pie (they had both beef and turkey), but when he started eating it looked and tasted more like turkey. Luckily, it was good anyway. I had a Cornish pasty, which I had not had since our last visit to England several years ago. It was good but had more bread than filling. They have cold drinks in a fridge and we got a root beer, but when I asked for ice to put in the cup or in water I was told they did not have any ice--I don't know if this is always the case or just a temporary situation.
We returned a couple nights later because we had some leftover pizza from elsewhere that we were going to have for dinner but wanted to supplement it with a meat pie. We asked for a beef pie and this time got what we asked for.
If you don't have high expectations, Laggan's is OK for a quick meal or take-out.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had breakfast here most mornings while staying at the Post Hotel over the little bridge. Great coffee, fast service and a zillion baked goods to choose from including a "health cookie" the size of a muffin full of seeds and yummy grains. Also had breakfast wraps and egg combo sandwiches. Very reasonably priced too. The early bird gets one of the few indoor tables.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Getting a bit fed up with the lack of variety on menus so this was perfect, great chilli to takeaway and a very tasty meat pie!

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Didn't have lunch but had good coffee and terrific breakfast pastries. Not much indoor seating but picnic tables and benches are nearby. Quite a popular local hangout and plenty of parking.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I have stopped here for lunch on several trips from Banff to Chateau Lake Louise, and have never had a really bad meal here. However, I can't say we've ever had a really great one that would make us go out of our way to eat here. But we usually do purchase and split a dessert treat, and those are tasty. If this place were only a bakery, I'd probably rate it above average, but given that it also is in business as a restaurant, then, in the final analysis, Average it is.

1  Thank AnnArborMiBob