“Talk about remote !”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place amazed me, there is no electricity, the staff live on site and make everything from scratch in order to serve the patrons. I definitely could not do this as a job myself and have huge respect for the staff up there!! It was fantastic to finish our hike up with a brownie here :)

There are newer reviews for Plain of Six Glaciers Tea House

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Visited the beautiful Rockies in July. Did a lot of hiking and this was one of my favorites. My husband and I arrived before the crowds so the lake was actually quite peaceful. Took some pics there and began the walk around the lake. It was just gorgeous! The hike, itself, was phenomenal, but if you're just going for the tea house, you may be disappointed. We arrived at the tea house around 11:30 AM and were able to get a table outside on the upper level. What a view!! I was soooo excited for the chocolate cake. All I heard was how fantastic it was. So, we decided to order a piece of chocolate cake with our lunch. My hubby had the vegetable soup which was outstanding!!! I had the peanut butter and jam sandwich which was also very good but not as good as the soup. We each tried a different tea. They were OK. But the cake was so disappointing. I did not think it was moist. In fact, it was pretty dry and there wasn't a lot of chocolate flavor and very little icing. I also didn't think they gave you that much for the price. So, I don't know if I was there on a bad day or if everybody else has a very different idea of what a great piece of chocolate cake is. However, our entire reason for this trip was to hike in the magnificent Rockies. And this hike certainly did NOT disappoint. I would definitely do this hike again, but not eat at the tea house. Oh, and a word of advice, start early if you can. We were done and heading back by 12:30 PM and there were A LOT more people going up at that time. So, if you wait until later in the day, the hike won't be as peaceful and you may not even get a table at the teahouse.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The teahouse was a bustling place when we arrived mid-day. With limited seating inside, those that needed to warm up got to cuddle up. The views from the outside tables can't be beat. Only had a tea before heading out again, it was hot and delicious. The service was a bit slow due to volume of customers, this wasn't a problem for us and we took the opportunity to chat with fellow hikers at our table.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Impossible to get lost on this hike due to the well beaten track and the fact that you will be walking with the rest of the tourists staying at the Chateau. Wear appropriate gear and take wetcoats. The weather can change from bright sun to cold &rain in a matter of minutes. You will be lucky to get a table at the teahouse itself but if you take your own food & drink there are a number of wooden seats to sit and enjoy the view. Well worth the effort.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We left the trail head by 8:30 and had the trail pretty much to ourselves. This hike was much more enjoyable than the one to the other tea house (and less strenuous too). The views back to the lake and of the glacier were incredible. A young girl carrying a HUGE pack and practically running up the hill passed us. She was an employee at the tea house and was carrying all kinds of provisions up. And when we got to the top, she was splitting logs for the fireplace. The employees carry up all foods, supplies and haul down the trash. With that in mind, the tea and freshly baked apple pie were unbelievable. Service with a smile and they took time to answer all our questions. If you are not used to hiking at that altitude with some elevation gain, just take your time and make a day of it. There is plenty to eat at the top and the trip home is all down hill!

2  Thank greekgirl49