“Not the best Italian”

Lago Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lago Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Every meal is a celebration of modern Italian cuisine at Lago Italian Kitchen! The diverse regional flavours of Italy are showcased from Lago's open concept kitchen with authentic multi-course meals that capture the true essence of Italian cuisine. Join us for a true Italian food sharing experience!
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Granted, I'm an Italian from NY, where we arguably have the best Italian food out of Italy. But I was unimpressed with this restaurant. It was the only place we ate that I was not happy with at the Fairmont Lake Louise. The appetizer we ordered was very small and overpriced (riceballs; $16 for 5 bite-sized pieces that were so dry we had to ask for marinara to dip them in). My pasta was a Prawn Tagliolini Pasta aka “Tagliolini Lorenza” which was supposed to have
grilled tiger prawns, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, garlic, cream, homemade taglioni at the cost of $29. It was not this at all. It was linguine with red sauce with one large prawn placed on top- but the dish was not at all as it was advertised. I do not like red sauce dishes and ordered this specifically because it included 'cream'. There was no cream at all in this dish. There were no cherry tomatoes, just tomato sauce. The server was on the other hand, lovely- and the only reason I didn't say anything about the dish was because she was so sweet, I didn't want to be a bother. But as far as Italian restaurants go, I was not impressed. This was our final meal while on our honeymoon at Lake Louise. Everywhere else we went was incredible and delicious. I was very displeased with the experience at Lago.

2  Thank jchester92985

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Server - Tiffany was v pleasant.
However, we were seated in the annex part. Food was very average, pasta course seemed reheated, with large quantity not offsetting lo quality. Not to be repeated

1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The food was decent, but not amazing. We had the fish of the day (perfectly cooked, but oddly seasoned), mushroom risotto (tasty), and a couple of disappointing appetizers. Our waitress was friendly but very inexperienced. We had to wait a not insignificant amount of time to be seated after arriving on time for our reservation, while guests who arrived after were seated first. Overall not a bad choice, but I'm sure you can do better at the hotel.

2  Thank plusbryan
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We really enjoyed the wine and food and the service was excellent. Our waiter was able to answer questions and assist in selecting wine. The bison lasagna was memorable!

1  Thank David L
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed at the Fairmont in July for a few days and chose to eat here one evening as most other venues were booked. We ate late and were one of the few tables there. The young waitress was lovely and tried her best but must have still been in training. The food was just ok, nothing at all to rave about except for one fish dish. We've had beautiful Italian food before, too bad this wasn't it.
There is a lot of potential here so I wouldn't not recommend it.

2  Thank YvKatJu