“Overpriced in Lake Louise,AB”

Lake Louise Inn Restaurants
Ranked #21 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Legends Restaurant Timberwolf Pizza and Pasta Cafe Explorers Lounge The Gazebo
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I am a bus driver and had a room booked at the Lake Louise Inn while my party was staying at the "Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise" . They are not the first choice of hotels, but they do have nice rooms. My criticism started in the morning. While most hotels have breakfast included, this one has not. And it wouldn't have been of any concern if this place would serve breakfast at a reasonable price and quality. I was taken aback when I saw their menu. Full breakfast from the buffet was $17.50. And what they offer there is nothing out of the ordinary. For that amount of money I normally eat a very succulent dinner at most restaurants. A single piece of toast would be billed at $3,50 and a two egg, two toast breakfast would take $14.50 out of my pocket. That is plus tips of course for the waiter serving you coffee. When I "settled" for cereal to the price of $6.00 they had skimmed milk only. Asking for whole milk caused one of the waiters go looking for it, (which I thought was nice of him) but they didn't have it. So I went without breakfast. Lake Louise is a nice place to visit, but be sure to check on what is included in your stay.

1  Thank harwerth

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We ate here between Christmas and New Years. They gave us a private room for our group of 13. The service had been good until we realized the waiter forgot to order one of the meals. That was not appreciated after a hard day of skiing. It was also surprising considering the restaurant was not that busy. That meal finally came and was not charged. The food was ok. The Bison burgers were nothing special and the pasta was just ok. My wife and I had duck breast which was very good. This is a safe restaurant to go to. We will be back. If you have not been there you should. The decor is fantastic and they food is never bad. The cost is reasonable considering you don't have many options in Lake Louise.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were not staying here but ate in the bar/restaurant. We had pizza & calzone with salad which filled the plate, was delicious and was just what we wanted after a day sight seeing. Good value for what you get, especially for Lake Louise.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had hoped to sit in the lounge and gaze at the lake. The lounge was being remodeled, so we went to the lounge suggested. The view was limited and we were put at a table on the back wall, despite an almost empty lounge. We weren't guests at the hotel, so maybe that mattered? We moved to a round table closer to the window. The view was still lacking. For the cost of the drinks, we would rather have just walked outside and enjoyed a drink elsewhere. The ambience was not at all what we had hoped for and the drinks were extremely high priced and not all that exceptional.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The only good thing about the Lake Louise Inn was the Explorer's pub . We sat in the lounge chairs and relaxed . Staff were great and good food at a reasonable price which is hard to find in Lake Louise.