“Food is good, horrendous wait...”
Review of Bill Peyto's Cafe

Bill Peyto's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: in the Canadian Alpine Center-- it's in the youth hostel
Description: in the Canadian Alpine Center-- it's in the youth hostel
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived about 7:30 on a Sunday evening. Should have been quiet, but was very busy. The poor waitress was very good, but we and she had to deal with an incredibly long wait from the kitchen. We finally received our meals about an hour later. Obviously, they were swamped and had began to run out of supplies. My chicken curry meal was quite good, but I pulled out the better part of two sticks of celery from it, and still had too much of that one veggie. I would be more willing to put up with it, but this is not the first time that I have experienced delays at Bill's place. These folks have serious problems staffing. I would eat here again, as the food is reasonable and reasonably priced, but NEVER if I am on any kind of schedule.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We didn't want to pay the high breakfast prices at the Post Hotel so we went next door to Bill Peyto's. They were understaffed and the cheerful waitress worked hard, but there was a long wait for average food. I had the worst yogurt parfait of my life. Don't order that.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Good food; lots of it; reasonable price. The setting is a youth hostel and the ambiance is like picnic tables. The service is nothing special, but we certainly had no complaints. This place is simply great! Just don't expect fine dining and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Bill Peyto's has been a family favourite for years. We used to come here after a few days of backpacking and meals on the trail for a welcome back to civilization meal. The food is good and hearty and very reasonable. They serve up excellent breakfasts giving a great start to a day out hiking or just visiting beautiful spots around the Park. The lunches and dinners are good too, with tasty burgers and a variety of other pub style food. Bill Peyto's is attached to the hostel in Lake Louise and has a warm wood interior and is decorated with climbing gear and photos.. Although we no longer do much hiking and mostly site see from the car, I would still highly recommend this great little place.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Good simple food. Would never have known about it (found in one of my guidebooks). Tucked away in an International Hostel. Chili was hearty and satisfying. Burgers and fries (those fries were pretty amazing). Greek wraps. Salads. Everything was fresh and tasty, Not a fancy place. But, prices are reasonable and food was very good.

2  Thank islandjule