Our three days at this hotel were the highlight of a 5-week, 8600-mile auto tour around the US Northwest and Canadian Rockies.
First let me be very clear: this was a complete splurge on our part. We have been longing to stay here since our last visit (1987) when we could not get a room, as bus tours apparently filled the place regularly. So, when I was on-line booking, a "3 nights for 2" offer popped up. We were planning on staying for three, so this was a great bonus. So great that we splurged and booked a lake-view king on the Gold Floor. Ahhh ...
Driving to the front door, we were met by one of the fellows there who ushered us straight to the 7th floor for our "private" check in. Our room was a corner room, two windows. Marvelous! When we arrived at the room, our bags were being delivered. The Gold Floor includes breakfast (excellent) as well as hors d'oeuvres before dinner. These were enough that we skipped dinner the second and third night!
The men and women providing service in the Gold Floor lounge were friendly and knowledgeable. Cannot find fault of any sort during our stay there, except for an often slow elevator.
As others have said, join the free Presidents Club. And, yes, there really is no reason to pay the bucks to stay here unless you can secure a lake-view room. An unforgettable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise