“Beautiful Vistas”

Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel has some pretty awesome scenery. You can walk right down to Lake Louise and it is very tranquil and pretty. I loved my morning stroll.

The rooms were nice but my room didn't have air conditioning. Apparently, since it is an historical landmark, AC is not available in all areas. Luckily it gets cool at night, even in the summer, so it's not too bad.

The workout room was dreadful. It was so hot and humid in there that it was almost uncomfortable to work out. Still got my miles in though. The pool area looked nice.

I only ate at the conference functions but the food, as catered by the hotel, was extraordinary. So much variety and very tasty.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view but be aware there is no AC. But, there are multiple fans in the room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My Son and his partner treated us to a stay at this fantastic hotel. The lake itself was awesome and our bedroom view was so magnificent that I couldnt come away from the window! Our suite was quite large and spotlessly clean. We had a meal in the bar later in the evening. The servings were very large so I found I was quite full after my starter. If I had known how large it was going to be, I would not have ordered a main course! The breakfast was splendid and every thing you could wish for was available. You could eat away to your hearts content. The view from the restaurant was stunning. The staff could not do enough for you. Very attentive and helpful at all times. All in all it was a fantastic stayover.

Room Tip: The foyer of the hotel is a little too public as all travellers who visit Lake Louise can avail of t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Decbre
FCLL, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Knowing that you enjoyed your stay so much is truly pleasing. Thank you very much for your review, and I hope we can welcome you again soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We arrived on our Globus Tour and were pleasantly surprised to have our whole tour group upgraded to lake view rooms. It was raining lightly on our arrival but this did not detract from the beauty and splendour of the snow capped mountains and the brilliant colours and reflections of the lake.

We had to buy an extra overnight bag here and we found a wheeled duffel bag with a retractable handle at a very reasonable price in what we had thought would be a very expensive store.

The resort facilities were excellent. There was a range of restaurants, bars and cafe type eating places.

We particularly loved this idyllic setting. My wife had booked us on this Globus Tour as it was one tour that stayed at the Chateau.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room. It is worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were non residents visiting for a high tea
Wow! What a view. You have to be there to appreciate the fantastic view
A scenic view from inside the restaurant dining area, which is even better from the outside veranda.
Silver service at its best, but very very pricey. Considering the standing of this great chateau/ hotel, the service, the view, the cakes & gateaux, well worth every penny (Dollar)
A walk around the 'Emerald Lake' gives an even better view of the mountains, glacier and picturesque chateau.
A camera is an absolute must, even if its only to take a photo of the bill for the tea.
Access to the chateau is available by the only one taxi working, which can be arranged by the helpful concierge
Cheaper drinks and food are available from the onsite shop take away counter.
A definite must if you are in the area

Cannesdid .......surfingsyd

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

I'm so pleased you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea service, which is offered yeard-round. It truly allows you to relax and enjoy the stunning views while enjoying one of life's simple luxuries.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

8 friends took the Rocky Mountaineer train trip from Vancouver to Kamloops and on to Lake Louise over a 2 day period. Chateau Lake Louise was the perfect ending for a great train experience and our room there was excellent. My husband & I had planned this trip so that I could return to Lake Louise after a 60 year hiatus. I first went there with my parents and sister when I was 8 and the impact of such a gorgeous place when I was that young made me want to return after so long. It did not disappoint!

Jody & Pick Scruggs
Oxford, Ms.

Room Tip: The room was part of our Rocky Mountaineer Gold Leaf package and was even better than I expected.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed August 19, 2013

There are few words. It is a stunning hotel. Beautiful rooms, stunning grounds, views unlike anything else. Great restaurants, excellent service everywhere you go- from the front desk, the concierge, the wait staff; they clearly take pride in their work here and go the distance to ensure the guest is happy and comfortable. There is plenty to do if you enjoy the outdoors; hiking, horseback riding, canoeing, rock climbing, etc. Banff is a short drive away and a great town to visit during your stay. The amazing thing about Lake Louise is its' isolation. There is no real town in which to do anything in here, but if you are looking for a getaway- this is it. You will feel so at peace up in the fresh mountain air, away from it all. There are many visitors to the lake during the daytime and can often be semi-crowded, but not to a troubling degree. In the early mornings and evenings, the place is quiet and serene. I have traveled all around the world and can tell you this is one of the most amazing places I have ever been.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I am absolutely thrilled to hear of what an exceptional stay you had. Thank you so much for sharing your experience, and I hope we can welcome you again!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed in a club level room. Had an end room and had wonderful views of the lake and mountains. Service was excellent. Club amenities were first rate. Very comfortable and relaxing lounge area. Expensive but worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Emerald Lake Lodge
Moraine Lake Lodge
Moraine Lake Lodge
#2 of 10 in Lake Louise

Been to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise? Share your experiences!