First, I posted on this hotel two days ago and made couple of mistakes that might mislead Tripadvisor users. I have asked Tripadvisor to delete the original and allow me to re-post. The text will be the virtually the same and I'll point out the errors in brackets.
We visited Chateau Lake Louise in 2007, and my wife liked it so much she wanted to go back. This time we were initially less than impressed. Initially, we were offered a room (169) across from the first floor service area, with a lake view, but with a tree smack in the middle of it. Add to this, we were on the first floor, it was pretty noisy, the room had not been properly cleaned, and paper was peeling off the wall.
My wife was less than impressed as she had booked the hotel a year ago, and knew the hotel was not fully occupied when we got there. We don't make a habit of complaining, but this time she did, and all I can say is full marks to the check-in receptionist (not concierge as in the original) who helped her and reallocated us to better room, 385, (not 346 as in the original post). For me this is a mark of first class service: listen to your guests and help them if you can.
We can't praise too highly and thank enough the person who helped us. He made the stay for us, which could quite easily have been broken if we had had to stay in room 169.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise