After staying a few nights at Banff Springs, we drove for a one night day at lake louise. The drive was about an hour and were greated at the gates. The Banff springs is a nicer looking hotel from the outside but the prefer the look inside and the view of the mountains at lake loiuse. I was there over the weekend and there were a lot of families, too many children for my liking. Ice skating was fun and had a beatiful ice sculpture throught the center of the rink. There is a small fire to keep warm and a hocky rink to the side. The property has several impressive ice scuptures on display. Stop in the ice bar for specialty coffee or some ice wine. There are nice trails for hiking/cross country skiing. Rentals are within the hotel.
About an hour walk across the frozen lake, there is a stunning view of frozen water casading down the mountain. We ran out of time but I wanted to keep hikng to the famous tea house.
I had a quick bite to eat in bar/louge area and it was great. I also had a wonderful dinner at one of the fine dining restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise