We spent three nights at the Chateau over the Family Day weekend. We booked using our Ski Louise card rate which includes parking, so it was a great deal and we were upgraded to a deluxe lakeview room with two queen beds (#509). These rooms on the 5th floor have balconies, a large washroom with two sinks and a very large walk in closet with built-ins which are great for a family of four coming on a weekend of skiing and skating as you drag a lot of gear with you.
A couple of tips learned from this recent stay:
-- regularly scheduled maintenance on the hot tub is done on Thursday evenings, while the sign says “until further notice” all was up and running as usual on Friday
-- the refrigerators you find in your room are not exactly that, they are more like plug in coolers, they do not get very cold and staff indicated this is commented on by many guests – we called down and they actually sent us up a real refrigerator, which worked great but does take up extra space in your room
-- Lake Louise is a part of Banff National Park and is a tourist attraction that draws visitors all year long, most of which are not staying at the hotel, this is indicated by the very full large parking lot adjacent to the hotel as well as busses that bring in tourist to see the lake and hike around it – if you are surprised by the number of people visiting the lake and it’s view, keep in mind that the hotel has been built right beside a national treasure and not the other way around!
-- the ski shuttle should have a sign in process – on busier days you can have people waiting for 15 minutes and clearly by the numbers know that not everyone is going to get on the next shuttle – and then people show up at the very last minute and cram onto the bus with their skis in hand – this is not fair and there should be a sign up sheet so it is truly first come first served. Also, if people ski they should know that you do not get on ANY shuttle with your skis in hand – so the hotel is not responsible for poorly mannered guests!
-- if you want or need foam pillows, as we did because our son was allergic to feather pillows and spent his first night very stuffed up as we were not delivered foam pillows as was requested during our reservation – then be prepared to call several times – it took me 4 phone calls in total to get 1 foam pillow for my son to sleep on – twice they brought up more feather pillows – so this is another area where the hotel can improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Fairmont Hotels and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise