Want a big hotel with a view - well this is it. We stayed 2 days, and really that was enough as we are not skiers. Remember, there is not much else to do that is not snow or winter related. The town is some kilometres away, and from the look of the town, there is not much there anyway.
None the less, the skating on the lake is fun, and a must do – even if you can’t skate like me. I think that most Canadians must have been born with skates.
Not all the restaurants are open all the time, and strangely, one closes at 7 pm, and the Saloon Bar downstairs was not really our taste. We are not sports bar people.
The room was very comfortable, and we were in the new wing, with a great view of the lake and mountains.
The walk around the lake was a good morning out, and can be done without snowshoes – just make sure you have good boots, socks and toe warmers.
You do have to watch out for the bus loads of others that come to gawk at the place and the ice sculptures during the day, but after about 4 pm, they seem to have all gone. If you’re interested in getting some good pictures of the ice sculptures, try very late in the day to get some good lighting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise