Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Deer Lodge(Lake Louise)
$279
$205
  • Restaurant
Post Hotel & Spa(Lake Louise)(Great Value!)
$319
TripAdvisor
$77
Kootenay Park Lodge(Kootenay National Park)(Great Value!)
$116
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Bow View Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$135
$125
$224
$192
Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
$209
Official Hotel
Lake Louise Inn(Lake Louise)
  • Pool
7,194 results
All reviewsgold floorwalliser stubeglacier saloonpoppy brasseriejunior suitefairview restaurantbeautiful hotelself parkingsleigh ridebucket listice skatingtea houserocky mountaineerbanff springsfondueice sculpturesonce in a lifetime
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The sheer scale of the Chateau and the truly stunning geographical setting makes a visit to here a must do on your list of things to do.
The facilities are excellent and the staff we encountered were eager to help.Check in/out were speedy and accurate, however at times it is probably more hectic as coach parties seem to arrive at intervals en masse.
There is a good range of dining choices and retail outlets but be prepared to dig deep as they are all expensive but then again you are paying for location.
My only criticism is an observation,true for many "expensive" hotels is that they charge nearly 25 dollars for internet access. You can avoid this payment by joining the Fairmont Presidents club which is free.

Top Tip: Pay extra for a lakeview room.......stunning.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a lakeview room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hamish42
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel shouldn't be getting all the rave reviews but it is due to its amazing location. I find myself wanting to give it a lower rating but simply due to its amazing location I can overlook all the little things.

Normally the little things don't bother me but when your spending the kind of money this hotel charges you expect a lot. The grounds of the hotel are truly beautiful due to its location and Lake Louise can't easily be beat. The common areas inside are just as stunning with all the old charm detailing everywhere.

The room was surprisingly large considering the historic nature of this hotel. Everything in the room was functional and a bit dated but not to the point as you felt you were in an old dingy hotel. We had a room on the 3rd floor facing the woods which was quite nice. The room was very clean and the bathroom had recently been redone since it doesn't as old as the room itself.

My complaints lie with the fact that the restaurants were so overpriced that it truly isn't worth spending the money in them. We went out for all meals but it didn't bother us since we had expected the restaurants were overpriced. What did bother me was that every time we returned to the hotel there wouldn't be any space to park. We had to valet park every time which was a bit frustrating. We always wasted time trying to find space and finding out there weren't any. The other annoying thing was the water pressure in the shower. It was so very little water coming out that it made it kind of hard to have a shower.

Again normally that wouldn't have bother me in another location at a different price but I thought it was worth mentioning. Overall though the Fairmont was an amazing experience simply due to its location and all though I do recommend to try at least once, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Montreal_native
FCLL, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. The view and surrounding area really is unbeatable - we are so lucky to get to see it every day. I will share your comments concerning the price of dining with our Director of Food & Beverage, as well as the issues you experienced with the water pressure with our Building Buperintendant.

Warm Regards,
Lisa Riches
Executive Assistant

Reviewed October 9, 2012

And not a bad hotel either very busy during the day but once all the tours have gone hotel has a very relaxed feel it has a great wee bar where u can sit have a drink and waste hours looking at the view lots of shops to look round and check in checkout staff very helpfull

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fruza
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were able to take a quick weekend getaway with our two kids (8 and 11) to Lake Louise for Thanksgiving. Normally it would be much too expensive for us to stay at the Fairmont, but a generous bonus and some perks from belonging to the Fairmont Presidents Club allowed us to stay and take part in many of the activities offered during the weekend.
We flew into Calgary and drove to Lake Louise, stopping in Banff for lunch and snacks. We brought just a few things to keep in the room so we wouldn't have to buy snacks at the hotel. Just a chocolate bar was $1.95.
When entering Banff National Park, you must pay to enter the park, and you must pay for each day you will be staying. It's about $30/day, so factor that into your costs.
We had a free upgrade offer, so we stayed in a Junior Suite in the Mount Temple wing of the hotel. This is the newer wing, built in 2009. We were hoping to get a lakeview room, but they told us that the mountain view rooms were larger. We still had a beautiful view out of the huge arched window. We could see the lake and glacier, with the front entry of the hotel below us. See my photos below for pictures!
The bathroom was larger than my kids room - atleast 12ft X 10ft with a separate water closet, shower, tub, double vanity. Lots of lovely soft towels and two bathrobes too.
Beds were comfortable with soft down comforters and down pillows. I was tempted to buy one of the pillows from the Gift Shop, but they were $80!
There are plenty of shops withing the hotel: General Store, Photograpy shop, Bookstore, Art Gallery, Jewerly, Gems and Fossils, Musk Ox wool sweaters and clothing, Kids clothing and toys, Candy...you name it, you could buy it!
Unfortunately, two of the main dining areas were closed for renovation during our stay: Walliser Stube (Swiss themed with fondue dishes) and Lago (Italian). We went to the village for one lunch (The Railway Station Restaurant), but had all other meals at the hotel. The breakfast buffet at Poppy Brasserie had a great variety of hot and cold foods, with a nice view of the lake. We also had the Thanksgiving dinner at Poppy - it was incredible! So delicious.
We had dinner at the Fairview Lounge while the kids were at the Movie Party on Saturday. It was delicious as well, but the server forgot to bring an appetizer we had ordered. We got it after the main course with several apologies.
The deli has lots of quick meals you can pick up to take with you. We bought a sandwich and lasagne for lunch one day. We also had dinner at the Saloon when we arrived. Their kid's menus are great. They even had a steak meal for "Young Adults" that my older daughter appreciated. The Saloon had a very relaxed atmosphere, with TV's playing sports channels, and a pool table available.
The best part of the hotel is the beautiful view of the lake. Unfortunately, bus loads of day-tripping tourist want to check it out too, so during the day it can be quite busy both in hotel lobby and at the lakeside. It quiets down in the evening though, and there is a lovely secluded lounge in the Upper Lobby with an electric fireplace. Just go up the large wooden staircase.
We took part in many of the activities offered: pumpkin carving, cookie decorating and pie baking, kids party night, apple roasting. Just e-mail the concierge and they will book everything for you. Some were complementary and some had a fee.
We also enjoyed the pool area with whirlpool and steam room. Nice change rooms with showers and free lockers. Lots of towels available.
My only concern is the lack of recycling/composting. I saw pop cans being thrown in the trash (by staff) and apple cores that could have been composted also being thrown away. This is one of my passions though, so I guess I expect more than the average person!
All in all, this hotel was a delight, and I would love to stay again someday!

If you like my review and pictures, please rate it as helpful! Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Bumblepug
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wov,what a hotel.The location was excellent.There was a lovely walkway around lake.One should not miss the sunrise when you can get one of the best view.There was also few items of Indian vegetarin dishes available in one restaurant.Please don't go to this hotel unless you get a lake facing room,otherwise adjust your dates.The view from the room is just too good.It is one of the best hotels we have stayed.Don't bother about parking charges or expensive breakfast,this is not the place to look at expenses, just enjoy the heaven on earth.

Room Tip: Go there only if you get a lake facing room otherwise adjust your dates accordingly.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BalkrishnaShroff
FCLL, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your trip! We do our best to make sure every guest gets the exemplary service we strive to provide. Our culinary team is also more than pleased to assist with any dietary requests you may have. We hope you'll be back!

Warm Regards,