We stayed at Lake Louise as part of our Journey through the Clouds Discovery Drive tour of the Rockies. Everything was organised through the Rocky Mountainner and they booked us into Fairmont hotels for the whole tour and where available on Gold Floors. The tour was excellent and we received good service from start to finish.
Lake Louise was our favourite hotel, mainly because of the excellent service and utterly charming staff on the Gold Floor. Prior to our departure from the UK, Stu, one of the Gold Floor conceirges sent me menus of the hotels restaurants so he could make reservations for us. This was very helpful.
We arrived around 9.30pm at the hotel after a long drive from Jasper down the Icefields Parkway where we had stopped at several of the spectacular sights along route. We were tired and hungry but didn't want a formal dinner.
Stu was waiting on the gold floor to greet us and take us to our room which was gorgeous. I think it was in the turret and was large and spacious with a huge bathroom and a view of the lake. Stu suggested we eat in the Glacier Saloon.
The meal was just what we wanted - a large plate of nachos and an excellent bottle of reasonably priced wine. The service was very good indeed and we relaxed and enjoyed a casual late dinner.
The next night we ate in the Walliser Stube. The service was good and the food imaginative and of a very good quality.
The hotel has some lovely features, such as the brass letter boxes by the lifts and some grand rooms. Unlike the Banff Springs it was a large hotel which had managed to retain a aire of luxury about it.
Special mention has to be made of Isabella and her staff on the Gold Floor. They really were wonderful. Very helpful and attentive and genuinely wanted to make our stay special for us.
Chateau Lake Louise is a really luxurious romantic hotel with charming staff. We definately will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise