Stayed here for a night on my way to Jasper. Everything the other reviewers are saying is true.
- Clean room/hotel
- Decent size
- Good wireless Internet
- Friendly staff
- Room is straight out of early 1990s
- Paper thin walls
- Lots of noise in the hotel
- Hard to get cold water out of the tap (had to let it run for 5 minutes, what the...)
BUT... The most bizarre thing about this place is the lack of a 24 hour attendant at the hotel. After midnight, you're on your own pal. No front desk staff and only a phone number to call if there's a problem. Maybe I just hit the place on a slow night, but I found this somewhat off-putting. Even at a 'Bob's motel' for $50 bucks a night you can usually wake Bob up and he's on site. Simply put, it's just weird.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great central location in the village, 5 minutes from Lake Louise ski area, free breakfast, free ski shuttle and affordable accommodations makes the Mountaineer Lodge a popular spot to stay in Lake Louise. This 78 room hotel offers a variety of including rooms with one king, two queens, family suites and two bedroom suites. All rooms have a fridge, high speed Internet (Wi-Fi) and most include a microwave as well. Complimentary continental breakfast is served daily in the Breakfast Room. Popular with skiers is our secure ski storage, waxing room and free ski shuttle to Lake Louise ski area. The hot tub, steam room and spectacular mountain views are sure to round out your Lake Louise vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountaineer Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountaineer Hotel Lake Louise
- Mountaineer Lake Louise