1,629 results
All reviews hot tub continental breakfast room was clean fridge and microwave yogurt steam room samson mall would stay again convenient location lake louise area two queen beds no elevator ski hill short drive canadian rockies lodge jasper
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If this lodge was not in the park I may have given it a 1star. I wish I would have spent the extra money and stayed at the Fairmont Chateau! $287 for one night and anywhere else it would be a $60 room.

The good:

Check in and check out were good. Gals were friendly and explained lodge layout and rules. No pets or bikes in your room!
Gas Station accross street and liquor store kitty corner.
Free Wifi with decent connection.
Fridge and microwave in room.
We got to see a grizzly bear right outside the hotel
Breakfast was big and good. Lots of ladies working that area.

The bad:
No air conditioning. There are only heavy drapes on the windows for privacy so since we were on ground floor we had to close them which meant it was very hot in our room.
The beds are just a hard mattress on a wooden frame. No box spring. The were soooo hard and uncomfortable. I also think they are being generous in calling them queens. I would call them doubles.
Old box TV set.
Whole place is old and outdated. Stains in the tub/shower and sink. The water pressure in the shower was so hard it hurt.

I would not stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Clean, reasonably calm (trains passing close but not enough to bother sleep) and spacious room
No A/C or phone and Wifi a bit slow at times
No specific view of the mountains
Breakfast quite nice
Good service
Location is convenient... But that shows in the price!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Room was clean and acceptable but there was noise from the room above. Breakfast was okay, go early to avoid rush. More expensive and not as nice as other hotels we have stayed at in the parks. Had a motel feel. We have stayed in "lodges" in the area and they are an experience instead of just being a room to slee

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had to help a man down the stairs to breakfast as they did not have an elevator there.
He recently had knee surgery and struggled with a cane.
I am surprised Expedia and Travel Alberta support this unfriendly lodge.
The breakfast wasn't that good after all his struggles...

Room tip: Noisy rooms if on the bottom floor
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kodakmoney
Reviewed August 14, 2013

If I had one price of advice on lake Louise lodging? Book early. And elsewhere if doing more than a one night stop.

I made my piece with the prices of LL and paid 350.00+ a night for a "family suite" for five nights. They advertise "almost every room has a microwave", but apparently not our. "Two rooms" which is basically what a family suite is. Two seperate rooms with a shared bathroom.

While it wasn't a huge concern, I preferred my young children not to have their own door/entrance to the outside of the hotel. Secondly, back to the microwave. It would seem a "family suite" would be targeted at, well families, so throwing a micro in that room would be helpful. We called and asked, the girks at the desk couldn't help and no manager ever called us back at our request. Fear not, we did get two coffee pots invade my 4 year old needed a java fix.

The noise! The train is insanely loud and the only way to sleep is to keep the windows closed. Not a huge deal but no A/C means keeping the windows open.... Such a conundrum. They provide fans..

Lastly- the biggest issue is the overall lack of thought put into the hotel room. The TVs were off to the side so hard to see from the beds, a second person in the bed? No tv for you!

Outlets? There are almost no outlets in the room. I had to make coffee in the bathroom. Unplug the clock to plug in the fan (which is needed, remember the train?), charge are all electronics also in the bathroom- a huge risk around kids/water... I guess if they ever did give us microwave it would have been a tough call.... Hot meals for my kids or light.

On a positive note the rooms were clean, basic, but fine. If you are a carb lover the breakfast is nice... But if I had to do it again I would remember to shop around earlier and look at some surrounding areas like field, the cottages at emerald lake, moraine lake, etc.. The cost for this hotel was outrageous for the value in return...

Although I became a pro at heating up leftovers with a hair dryer!