From 06/29 to 07/02, our family has stayed at Moraine Lake Lodge for 4 nights. Initially what we have booked is the "Two National Parks - One Rate" package. However, when we stayed at Cathedral Mountain Lodge, we found a mouse at our companion. I made a quick decision to request moving back to Moraine Lake Lodge. Here are a summary of my likes and dislikes:
* Nice location (easy access to beautiful trails, Moraine Lake, and Lake Louise)
* Beautiful scenery (lifetime experience)
* Due to global warming, all lake-side lodges have been infested with mosquitoes.
Note that we have stayed in 7 national parks in our 2-week vacation. So, I can
testify that. One ranger told me that they have an unusual long raining season in
June near Grand Teton NP. So it brings mosquito problem.
* Rats. Don't stay in Cathedral Mountain Lodge. It's rustic and remote. Meal in the
dinning room is poor and expensive and not many people choose to eat there
anyway. Most importantly, it also infested with rats.
* Management overcharged us (look out for your billing items). Anyway I let it go by
because we got to live in Moraine Lake Lodge for 4 nights which my wife really
enjoyed it even by staying inside the cabin.
* The dinner staff was not friendly when we came to dinner one night. Even with table
available, she still kept us waiting for another 1/2 hour. When I returned before the
requested time, the table was still availalbe. However, staffs took no actions to set
the table up. So, we decided to walk away to eat some where else.
Moraine Lake Lodge doesn't have a physical address. So, call them to get directions
before your first visit. On the way out of Lake Louise, we have stopped by "Baker
Creek Chalets" for restroom. We found its location is close to Maraine Lake and
Lake Louise and it's less expensive. Maybe we'll choose it in our future trips. Note
that all the scenery, trails, canoeing activities can be enjoyed without staying in
Moraine Lake Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moraine Lake is the iconic lake pictured on the old Canadian twenty dollar bill. Located in Banff National Park, 15 minutes away from Lake Louise, Moraine Lake is known as the Jewel of the Rockies. Steps from their rooms, guests staying at the lodge are treated to the stunning beauty and pristine splendor of the iridescent turquoise-coloured lake and the Valley of the Ten Peaks. Each guest receives a complimentary package that includes guided hiking, naturalist presentations and canoeing on Moraine Lake. Moraine Lake Lodge is also renowned for its cuisine, with signature dishes featuring regional and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Moraine Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moraine Lake Hotel Lake Louise