Post Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lake Louise Inn(Lake Louise)
Deer Lodge(Lake Louise)
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise(Lake Louise)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Kootenay Park Lodge(Kootenay National Park)
1,027 results
All reviewswine cellargourmet packageturn down servicepipestone riverwood burning fireplacetrain noisemain restaurantbath saltscanadian rockiesevery afternoonadirondack chairsbow riversteam roomfavorite hotellight sleeperworld classskating rink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2007

Stayed at the Post in February for a ski getaway. The hotel was really nice.. parts of it definitely have a 'hotel' feel, rather than a charming getaway feel, but all in all it's a terrific place! The rooms are very nice! We stayed on a second floor room with a fireplace and nice little balcony - not sure what 'level' room it was, but very spacious. The staff are terrific. The the steam room very nice, the pool is 'nice' but certainly a fair number of kids running around.. and it's not open late enough!

One night we went up the hill to the Fairmont for dinner... after browsing the menus, and in general being horrified by the commercial nature of the place (it's truly an horrific sight in the middle of such splendor!), we opted to return to the Post. We had a fantastic meal. The waiter was terrific. All in all the staff are friendly and courteous, but not over the top.

In summary, this is a great hotel for a family or a couple. If you like what Vegas has to offer, waste your money on the Fairmont. If you want a good value, stay at the Post.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank jfburkhart
Reviewed June 4, 2007

It was actually this past Sept that we stayed at the Post Hotel in Lake Louise, and it was a fantastic experience. It was our 4th year in a row visiting the area for our wedding anniversary and our first time staying at the Post Hotel. The first 3 years we made the mistake of staying in Banff and driving out to Lake Louise, when we finally discovered that we were consistently spending more time in the Lake Louise and Yoho areas to hike than in Banff. This time we decided to split our stay between the post, Cathedral Mountain lodge in yoho (also excellent) and Buffalo Moutain lodge in Banff (good value) just for our last night. Out of the 3, the Post greatly exceeded our expectations. The room was outstanding, we loved the fireplace, the view from the deck, the beds, the huge tub and well appointed bathroom, the restaurant was unbelieveable (great wine list, outstanding service), great little cigar room with a nice selection of liquor (great small batch bourbons), fireplace and stylish leather couches. No matter what we wanted, the staff was there for us immediately, it seemed like whenever we needed something, we would turn around and it was there or would be there immediately. One of our favorite memories was hiking the iceline trail for an entire day, then coming back to the Post, relaxing by the birch wood burning fire with the complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries they had waiting for us in the room for our anniversary, then going to dinner and having a truly first class meal and retiring to the jacuzzi with the aveda bath products (great bath salts).

I noticed some have complained about the noise, just stay on the preferred side, we never heard the train at all. Also, to the people who complained about the post that hadnt even stayed there, why write a review if you dont know what your talking about? Although the strip mall (just a small convenience visitor center for lake louise vistors) is close by, you wouldnt know it because the resort is surrounded by huge, beautiful trees with an adjoining stream. I mean come on, The Post is a Relaise and Chateaux property, and clearly lives up to their worldwide standard. Its amazing how well kept the property is, from the manicured lawns to the immaculate rooms to the clean look of the log cabins with the red rooves that always look freshly painted.

Without a doubt, this is the best resort to stay at in the entire banff, lake louise area based on the style, class, feel/atmosphere (like staying in a swiss chalet), service, amenities, restaurant, bars/pubs (also great food and beer selection for something more laid back), location (great proximity not only to skiing but to some of the best hiking in western canada).

We actually returned one evening after we had checked out just to hang out there in the pub because we loved the property so much. If your staying in the Lake Louise area, in our opinion the Post Hotel is an absolute must!

Stayed: June 2007
7  Thank Mattsrh
Reviewed June 1, 2007

we could see this hotel was special as we approached.It looked great.We were invited to inspect a selection of rooms, we selected the room we liked.Two huge beds, spa bath, lovely view over the river.The staff could not do enough for us during our stay. The swimming pool, hot tub and steam room were very welcome after a long day out. The food was out of this world! and when we had trouble with our return flight the owner and desk staff were very helpfull.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank peterandpam
Reviewed May 6, 2007

We stayed at The Post for 4 nights in early April as part of our honeymoon. We also stayed for 4 nights in the Rimrock and I'll make a review over there. We visited the Chateau Lake Louise and Chateau Banff Springs as well. Between all those hotels, The Post was the best.

We stayed in a B room. I had read all the reviews about the train noise so we stayed on the preferred side with a view of the river, cabins outside, and the ski slopes in the distance. From the preferred side, I never heard the train. The B room comes with a fireplace and for us that was absolutely the best. I wouldn't trade that for anything. Every day when we would return to our room, the fireplace would be made again and ready to be lit. They also keep a bunch of extra logs underneath the fireplace so when the fire needs it, you can just toss on another log. Going to sleep as the red glow of the fire dies out in the room is just great.

The other thing that I really liked about The Post was the small, intimate feel that it had. I almost felt like I was staying at someone's house or like I had the place all to myself. It was very quiet and relaxing while we were there. That's something that you can't get at the rimrock or the fairmont's as they are big hotels.

We ate dinner one night in the Post dinning room and the meal was excellent. We also ate at the pub several times and it was very good as well. I kind of had low expectations for the pub after reading reviews about it but it turned out to be much nicer than I expected. They have leather couches and recliners throughout and the decor is nice. The food is expensive though (as it is everywhere in Lake Louise). I think we had some soup, a large salad and a pizza in the pub and all were good. We ate breakfast in the dining room one morning and it was very good as well. I had a salmon omelet that was delicious. Most mornings though we went and had breakfast at Laggan's Bakery which is right across the river from the post in the samson mall.

We swam in the hot tub and pool one evening and they were both very nice. They have nice wooden lockers poolside to store your stuff and if I recall correctly, I think there was a steamroom or sauna as well. My wife and I went to the spa after our third day of skiing and did a couples massage. It was very relaxing and I was impressed with the spa area. There's a private steam room and hot tub in the changing rooms in the spa that you can enjoy after your message.

Other misc. thoughts: Most of the staff were very nice and accomodating. We only ran into one staff person that was rude.

At the front desk they have a huge movie collection. It's massive and includes a lot of great movies.

You can purchase lift tickets at the front desk which was very convenient.

If I could do this trip again (and I will one day), we'll be staying at The Post for the entire trip.

• Stayed: April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Snookman2
Reviewed May 2, 2007

Thank goodness we cancelled our reservations here ... so I can't comment at all on the rooms, the service, the spa or the restaurant -- they all may very well be extraordinary. But beware of LOCATION!!! I had never been to Lake Louise or the Post Hotel, & from all I'd read, I had believed the Post Hotel to be an elegant country resort, tucked away in the woods, on a river, off the beaten path. It sounded like pure elegance, pure romance. What I found was that it's right in the middle of the village of Lake Louise, which in itself is essentially a strip of tourist services located at a busy highway interchange. There are gas stations, a hostel, a medical clinic, a strip mall with a grocery & video rental -- and the Post Hotel. The "premier" backside of the hotel can be seen accross the creek from the main road ... behind the strip mall. The rooms that face the parking lot don't just face it, they're practically ON it -- there are no lovely gardens at all. Just asphalt. The location is decidedly inelegant & unromantic & reminded me again how deceiving pictures can be!! Cut out the train tracks, hostel, strip mall, freeway, gas station, lack of gardens ... & you have a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple