“Great getaway”
Review of Post Hotel & Spa

Post Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My wife and I spent last weekend at the Post and we loved it. Great room which felt like our own private log cabin. The dining was fantastic and the wine cellar is one of the most extensive in the country. Our waiter, Jason was very knowledgable about wine and food pairing and the service was spot on. Nothing negative to say. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Trave11ing_Foodies

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The setting is spectacular and the hotel does everyting to make sure it is the equal of its surroundings. Service is polished, self assured and very friendly. The rooms are superb, comfortable, well furnished and quiet. We had a fireplace which made the room feel like a mountain cabin. The food is excellent. We had a gourmet package and the food and wine were excellent and great value. Swmmig pool and spa are first class. The only place to stay in Lake Louise.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Violaferry
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was our second visit to the Post and it did not disappoint. The rooms are cosy and comfortable with splendid bathrooms. The beds are incredibly comfortable and, even though we never lit it, having a log fire in your room is something rather special. The food is great and the wine list fantastic. The fondue room is a welcome addition and, as we are not smokers, we didn't miss the old Cigar room at all! We were lucky enough to join a Winemaker's dinner on the last night. Interesting Canadian wines, lovely food and great company made it a night to remember.
We tried the spa for the first time and will definitely use it again as it is a wonderful way to unwind after a hard day's skiing.
The best thing about this hotel though is the staff. From the owners down everyone went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. This was especially welcome as my husband hurt his knee badly during the second week and we needed a bit of help. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
It is expensive but it is also great value for money. We will be back!

Room Tip: We don't mind the train noise, in fact it is quite comforting and trains not that frequent. The...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lesley B
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This review is from my stay in September 2013. This hotel was fantastic! Although you are not staying on the famous lake, we didn't care! The room was small but perfect, with a fireplace that was maintained, a wonderful bathroom with bath salts, balcony, and coffee service on each floor in the mornings. We utilized the spa as well, which was clean, relaxing and very nice! The pool & exercise room were also great and not very busy when we were there.
Parking is plentiful, and you can walk down to the different shops across the way to grab coffee/tea or a quick bite.
I found the front desk staff to be very helpful and I loved having access to a wonderful DVD library, if you wanted to hang in your room by the fire. They will also give you bear spray if you need it. We ate at the pub, which was nice, but I was really having a hard time finding healthy options around. Be prepared for the greasy bar food, or the much much more expensive alternative meal at the hotel (which we opted not to do).
The elevators are sooooooo slow. Do yourself a favor and just take the stairs at all times. I also think the hotel could use better signage off the road, we had such a hard time finding this place!
It was an nice drive to Banff and easy to park at Lake Louise as well. This property is much more quiet than what we saw with the bus loads of people at the Fairmont. I really am glad we stayed here and would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luv2travelNamaste
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I have just had the most wonderful week at The Post. We travelled with Inghams and enjoyed an unexpected private transfer from Calgary airport as there were no other guests. We were greeted warmly and found our room furnished with a huge bed, sofa, armchair, fireplace and bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath big enough for 2. A bottle of wine and a hand written card were a nice welcoming touch. Breakfast is served in the main restaurant and is a little pricey but worth experiencing for a very civilised start to the day. As we headed out to the hotel's private ski bus, the driver took our skis and loaded them for us. He met us at the slopes at the end of the day and again took our skis. The bus runs from the hotel 3 times in the morning and 3 times in the afternoon but you can call them if you require picking up at another time. Most afternoons we went for a swim and a Jacuzzi after skiing which was very relaxing. There was at most one other family/couple there at the same time as us. We had dinner once in the main restaurant on our last night and one in the pub on our first night. The main restaurant is very smart with excellent food and a very impressive wine list but not pretentious or snobby. The pub on the other hand is informal and easy going. There are a few other dining options in the village. See my review of Lake Louise for more on this. Every night when we returned to our room, the turn down service had been in and left a chocolate on our pillows and bottles of water for both of us. The fruit bowl was restocked as was the wood basket if we had had a fire. All the staff we came across were friendly and helpful and we left feeling totally zoned out and looking forward to making a return. It will be hard to go back to skiing in Europe after this! If you are deciding whether to go here or the Chateaux, The Post is for discerning travellers, whereas the Chateaux is for tourists. Your call.

P.S. Don't miss the hidden library or the free tea and coffee left out on each floor every morning.

Room Tip: Rooms on the track side get some noise from trains during the night but they do have mountain views...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dan323
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I shared a romantic get away for our 25th anniversary, and Post Hotel really fit the bill. We stayed in one of the cabins, and it was simple but charming with a lovely wood burning fireplace. And so quiet and private.

The dining room was a bit short on ambiance (too bright and just one big room without any intimate seating areas), but the food and wine were delicious. My only suggestion is that families with children under the age of 12 be required to take an earlier seating at dinner. We ate at 7:00 p.m. and watched several small children (5-7 year old age group) run around their table. It stopped quickly, and they were fine. But it was a distraction. I am very particular when I am spending $300 on a meal!

The setting of the hotel - in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, near Lake Louise - is spectacular. We felt transported to Switzerland. And it is only a short drive from Calgary (about 2 hours).

I highly recommend, and we will be back! There are many amenities that we did not try including a lovely looking spa and the new fondue restaurant (adjacent to the main dining room).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet K
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel really has got it right in every respect. The rooms are stylish with lovely furnishings and the open fire places with a well stocked supply of wood make them homely and welcoming. It is the nice touches that make this hotel a cut above the rest in my view. After an afternoon on the ski slopes, there was only one thing I really wanted - a hot tub and steam room. Perfect. I felt like I was in paradise at that time. Restaurant food and wine selection, excellent as you would expect although I would have really liked to have tried out their relatively new fondue room, it was fully booked on the night we were there so it didn't happen. The only not so positive comments I would make is that whilst this place is special, prices are toppy (nothing is given away here) and a one night stay is simply not enough!

• Stayed: January 2014