“One night”
Review of Post Hotel & Spa

Post Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed just one night. I arrived by motorcycle and in time to clean up for a most outstanding evening dining experience. Everything was perfect and i wished i could have stayed longer to enjoy the pool and other amenities. I joined a friend for an excellent breakfast the following morning. Salmon eggs benedict - delicious! I look forward to returning another time with my wife for a longer stay.

Room Tip: My room faced the river and it was sweet to wake up to the warmth of the morning sun and easy access...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Victor S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed May 8, 2013

A great getaway. One of the best we have experienced. has an outstanding dining room. All staff are attentive and very friendly. Area offers many wonderful walks and mountain hikes. Great quiet getaway in the shoulder seasons i.e. outside the busy summer and ski seasons.

Room Tip: If train noise bothers you, choose the back or preferred side of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bud C
Reviewed May 7, 2013

While it's not right on the water's edge of Lake Louise like the Fairmont, The Post Hotel is a great, central location for adventuring in the Lake Louise area. Whether you're road tripping, skiing, snowboarding, cycle touring or hiking (or camping and want a real shower :) ) you'll love the Post.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brent P
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I love reviewing great places and this is one of our favourites. Stone fireplaces in the suite, fabulous restaurant and wine list, great local close enough to all of the sites but once removed. Everything done with a touch of class, very romantic.

Just a few words of advice - the suites are worth it BUT make sure you ask for the ones on the river side. Do not book Suite O. Sitting on the your private balcony over looking the rushing river - feels like you are once removed.

Room Tip: ask for River side,
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Tinker56
Reviewed March 29, 2013

What a greta experience staying here was. We did a road trip from Toronto to Alberta and stayed a night in Lake Louise. The Lake is breathtaking. Our room was on the second floor and had a fireplace. Very romantic. The view is amazing, surrounded by mountains. The pool area was very nicely done and very quiet.

The most outstanding aspect of our 1 night visit to the Post was our dinner. We had caribou and buffalo for our dinners. I can not adequately describe the exceptional meal we enjoyed. From the wine the sommelier recommended to the dessert that completed the experience this was by far the very best meal my wife and I have EVER experienced. The service was perfect, everything was as it should be for a romantic meal in one of the most beautiful settings in the world.

Room Tip: Get a fireplace room, well worth the price.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SirC_LadyDD
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I spent the day at the spa while my friends went skiing (couldn't go due to injury), and had a fantastic experience. I did the same at a hotel in Banff last weekend and was very dissatisfied (see my other reviews). This spa is lovely - private hot tub and eucalyptus steam room in the changing rooms, which are spotlessly clean and have every amenity you can imagine. The lounge is very comfortable, the only comment I would have is the lack of reclining chairs. Tea, coffee, water etc all available and staff always plumping up the pillows and offering you more tea. Magazines, waterfall and fireplace too. The treatment rooms are comfortable and my massage was very good - the masseuse very accommodating for my injury. The hotel pool is also available to spa guests and also has another hot tub with lovely mountain views and a co-Ed steam room. Also spotlessly clean. I had a bite to eat in the bar afterwards and was also very pleased with the service and quality of food. Roaring fire was kept alight by staff tirelessly bringing more wood. I would definitely stay at this hotel if I was in the area.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank charlotteJimmy
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Fairmont Chateau may be more famous but the Post Hotel is the best quality hotel in Lake Louise. As you would expect from Relais et Chateau, the staff are discreet and well trained, the rooms are pretty, comfortable and well fitted out and the public rooms are spacious and welcoming. We were a group of 4 friends who ski together for a week each year and we like our creature comforts but we also want good value for our money. As we had a whole week we enjoyed the benefits of the hotel - lovely pool and spa, cosy fire lit bar, excellent and on demand van service to the slopes - practically to ourselves. On Friday the hotel started to fill up and over the weekend it appeared full. So if you want the buzz, come on the weekend, if you want tranquility come during the week. The restaurant is of a very high standard, and the wine cellar holds an impressive 29,000 bottles according to the history of the hotel on the wall. However, we found it a bit rich for our blood for every night and we found our way to the pub bar, also located in the hotel but reached only by putting on your boots and going outside, where there was a limited menu of more informal fare in a room with a large fireplace. In fact our only complaint all week was that we wished there were more places to eat, which is not really a criticism of the hotel so much as of the resort itself.

Room Tip: If you like trains ask to sleep on the non-"preferred" side and you can hear when they occ...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends