We stayed for 7 nights in the Temple Suite as we wanted the space and king bed for a week stay. First, the staff is professional, friendly & somewhat helpful. Also, it was nice to have an assigned parking space. And the property is quaint, decorated accordingly, comfortable and in a good location in proximity for our daily hikes.
However, this location is directly on a main road to Lake Louise, as in RIGHT ON THE ROAD. The traffic noise is EXTREMELY LOUD: a steady stream of cars, trailers, motorcycles & trucks.
Before booking, I was told there was only noise during the day, A COMPLETE LIE (thanks for the honesty)!. On arriving in the late afternoon, we sat on the balcony only to be immediately driven off by the smell of exhaust and noise. We tried again that evening with still too much noise & exhaust. By the second day, we gave up.
Just as bad, the are only 2 windows to open (no air conditioning). One is on the road side & we learned right away we could not leave it open. The other window still faces the road, but a little further away but no better noise wise and could only leave it open while not there. Even with windows closed, it's LOUD. This goes on ALL NIGHT. It gets better in the wee hours of the morning, but it never completely stops and is at full traffic again by 7am. And it doesn't matter what day of the week it is.
Living in the Southeast, we have hot-and-humid-with-a-million-mosquitos, so booking this suite was to be a real treat: hike all day, then sit on the balcony all evening in the cool mountain air.
Talk about feeling RIPPED-OFF???? And the mattress? Very poor quality.
What's really ironic? There is a "noise ordinance" on the guests!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Lodge and Bungalows offers a unique setting of individual cabins and suites in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Located only 1 Km from Lake Louise and 20 time Alberta Housekeeping Award winner, Paradise Lodge and Bungalows exceeds expectations. Attention to detail and a welcoming atmosphere makes a destination to come back to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Paradise Lodge & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Lodge & Bungalows Hotel Lake Louise
- Paradise Lodge And Bungalows