My husband and I stayed at Paradise bungalows for 3 nights during a 2 week trip to Canada. It was by far the best place we stayed at! The bed was so comfy it was difficult to get up in the morning and the fantastic bathroom was much better than you would get in your typical 5* hotel with a huge free standing bath- great for a much needed soak after a day of hiking!
The complimentary coffee and pastries in the mornings in the beautiful cosy lounge was a real bonus as nowhere else we stayed offered anything like this. Even during an overnight power cut in the whole Lake Louise area the staff managed to make everyone coffee!
Don't waste your money staying at the Fairmont- it looks like a parking lot and you'll have loads of tourists wandering around the place. This is a far better option and much cheaper as well!
Recommendations for dinner:
- The Station Restaurant - this has a fancy fine dining option which is rather expensive but it also has a normal restaurant menu and when we were there they had a BBQ on the patio. A bit pricier than some other places but a nice treat and a lovely quiet location.
- Bill Peyto's Cafe - in the youth hostel but don't let that put you off! This place is popular so get there early. Great homemade food and friendly atmosphere.
- The Outpost Pub - this is in the Post Hotel and is hidden away in the corner. Simple menu and good food.
- Moraine Lake- Consolation Lakes Trail- walk is a bit boring as is mostly through trees. High chance of seeing bears- check with the info office before doing the walk as you often have to go in groups. Although the walk isn't that exciting it's quite easy and when you get to the end the lake is quiet and peaceful. A welcome respite from the crowds at Lake Louise.
- Lake Agnes - this is an uphill slog (3.5K uphill!!) but you are rewarded with a fantastic view of Lake Louise and there is a delightful tea house at the end of the walk serving homemade cakes, sandwiches and tea. There is another walk up to the Big Beehive but we didn't manage it- it's a steep uphill climb to the top!
I would also recommend the Lonely Planet guide to Banff/Jasper/Glacier national parks as it gives full details of all the hikes, biking trails etc...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Lodge and Bungalows offers a unique setting of individual cabins and suites in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Located only 1 Km from Lake Louise and 20 time Alberta Housekeeping Award winner, Paradise Lodge and Bungalows exceeds expectations. Attention to detail and a welcoming atmosphere makes a destination to come back to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradise Lodge & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Lodge & Bungalows Hotel Lake Louise
- Paradise Lodge And Bungalows