“Total Disappointment”
Review of Lake Louise Inn

Lake Louise Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have rented the family suite for the night before Canada day and we have paid CAD$444.41 for just one night stay but it was a total disappointment. The room was smelly, suffocating and unclean. There is no air-conditioning in the room. The bed linen was stained and the blanket was dirty. Seems like the bed linen was not replaced since the last guest was used it. The wash room does not have enough towels for the family of 5. The fire alarm system of the room seems got weaker battery as it kept on buzzing on every after 5 minutes. Had to call the front desk to stop it from their end. The hotel is listed under AMA member discount program but the hotel manager refused to give us any discount even though we are plus member. The reason the hotel manager gave us that we have booked the hotel through online on booking.com. When I have told them that I am not getting any kind of financial gain rather I am paying the same amount as it was advertised at the hotel website. The hotel manager then told me that if I told them while I was checked-in that I am an AMA member then they could have done something which does not make any senses to me. Before I told them or after told them does not make any difference. I didn’t find the manager and the front desk Clark any courteous. All in all I will not recommend anyone to choose this hotel unless one has no other options.

Room Tip: Stay in this hotel if only you have to and there is no other alternative. Otherwise stay away!!!. Yo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank zahmed2013
Write a ReviewReviews (3,244)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Unfortunately I can't recommend the lake Louise inn as a nice place to stay. We booked an "economy" room at almost $200 a night ..... The room was in block 4 and was so cramped, dark and old fashioned that I felt I couldn't stay there and it certainly didn't reflect the price we paid! Even though lake louise as a whole is very expensive, I felt this was very overpriced. I did express my disappointment to the manager and he did his best to resolve the issue by moving us to another room. The new room was in block 3 and was much more spacious with a separate bedroom which slept 3. However, the accommodation was still in need of updating and I would only rate this hotel as 2* at the most. Further problems at checkout as room had been prepaid but had to wait 10 minutes, with the manager being called, for this to be verified!

Room Tip: Don't stay in block 4, the rooms are small and dark, and if you are on the top floor you will st...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank UkLilac
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a great time at the Lake Louise Inn! I stayed here at the beginning of July with a group of 8 friends and we loved it. The accommodations were nice and clean and we liked that they were set up like log cabins. We also loved the restaurant in the inn, really great food and local beer! Some people in our group were camping and needed to do laundry so it was great that the inn had laundry facilities. The only complaint we really had was that the room lacked air conditioning and a fridge. It was super hot the night we stayed there and we didn't feel comfortable leaving our screen door open because the lock was broken. Other than that, it was great!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank michelle_r64
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel was in a very easy spot to tour the area. Rooms were clean and comfortable but a little on small side but adequate. We stayed two nights, staff were friendly and we enjoyed the area. Accessible to all the scenic spots and village within walking distance.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila W
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night with the family and like the amount of space we could get. We had a one bedroom loft which was 1 bedroom with bunkbed and a single so sleeping space for 3, then 2 bathrooms and in the loft above, a queen and a single. There was also a double murphy bed in the livingroom.

The Decor is a bit dated with tube TVs that barely worked so that dropped it from 4 stars to 3 stars in my review.

Overall restaurant choices in Lake Louise are ridiculously expensive so have the pasta restaurant in the hotel made it reasonable to get dinner for the family.

Breakfast was not included and at $18 for the buffet, disappointing to not have an option here. Most hotels now include breakfast so that was a negative.

Lots of parking available for any size vehicle. It is beside the number one highway but surprisingly quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ron H
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here two nights on the way to Calgary. The staff was friendly. We enjoyed having dinner in the pizza place on the second floor and being able to walk to 'downtown' Lake Louise was great. Our rooms were in Building 1. The free Wi-fi was a nice touch. The tv was spotty..about half the channels did not have volume when we were there. Overall a good time.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Spartan621
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Would give this Inn a 3.5. Stayed 2 nights and did quite like it but couldn't give a higher rating.
The room was fine, if a little small, lacked air con and a fridge, very clean but a bit tired, the room was also on the third floor, quite a lot of stairs carrying bags, although there was a notice saying help could be had from reception. The staff were very pleasant. The size of the hotel surprised me this is quite a large spread out complex, very tidy. Easy parking next to the blocks. The pool, restaurant etc is in the main building and I didn't spend any time there other than checking in and out but it did look pleasant. I would stay again but would probably try to upgrade.

Room Tip: Check out the type of rooms available and consider the better rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 10 in Lake Louise
HI Lake Louise Alpine Centre
HI Lake Louise Alpine Centre
#4 of 10 in Lake Louise

Been to Lake Louise Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lake Louise Inn

Address: 210 Village Road, Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Alberta T0L 0E0, Canada
Location: Canada > Alberta > Canadian Rockies > Banff National Park > Lake Louise
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
Price Range: $99 - $328 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Lake Louise Inn 3*
Lake Louise Inn has the perfect guestroom or suite for your Rocky Mountain getaway. All guest accommodations provide the comfort and convenience of modern amenities like FREE Wi-Fi in a beautiful and rustic mountain setting. Individual room and suite styles may feature kitchens, balconies, patios, fireplaces or Jacuzzi tubs. You can also take in the spectacular mountain scenery through floor to ceiling windows as you relax and unwind in our heated indoor pool and whirlpools. Guests can also enjoy our many dining options, from cozy fine dining at Legends Restaurant to delicious pub style food at Explorers lounge. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lake Louise Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise