“The very definition of average”
Review of Lake Louise Inn

Lake Louise Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here this weekend for a race at Lousie and it was exactly as I remembered the last time - hotel is full and they don't think to open up the buffet restaurant so families have to wait an hour to feed hungry kids. Good buffet breakfast is probably the best thing about the place.

Rooms are ok but very tight for families with ski gear, pool keeps the kids happy, wifi good enough, beds ok, good enough providing you dont expect anything above average

Rob

1  Thank OmanRob
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear OmanRob,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and we’re glad you enjoyed the full breakfast buffet during your stay. We are sorry that you were disappointed in other aspects of your stay and we have passed on your feedback to our Food and Beverage manager to address the issues brought up in your review.
Warm Regards,
Kelly Anne Yeaman

Write a ReviewReviews (3,125)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was our first visit and probably the last one.

We booked an one bedroom executive suite and got a complementary upgrade to a two bedroom executive suite, which was good. We arrived early and were allowed to check in early.

The suite was ok, nothing special. I had much better for less $$.

The spa and swimming pool area really need a fix-up and some cleaning. The change / locker rooms are dirty and all the lockers are broken. The spa is nice and hot, but the regular pool is way to cold for comfort.

We chose to have dinner at the buffet, which was eriously under staffed. I really felt sorry for the girl who was doing all the work alone and the place was packed. At the same time there were 3 people doing nothing at the reception desk.....

The food was ok, but in my opinion over priced for the choice and quality.

I all I think management needs to come back down to earth and fixup the place and manning levels before I ever come back.

Room Tip: executive suites are nice and quiet, but very expensive.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SanderV

Dear Sander V,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and appreciate your comments. We will be putting pictures and updates about the upcoming renovation on our Facebook page so we encourage you to check in out once in a while to see what great changes are happening.
Warm regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The good: proximity to Lake Louise ski hill and skating rink behind units. Big indoor pool.

The bad: dirty sheets - both beds were full of hair, had to request clean sheets. No cots available. Very small rooms. Toilet paper holder broken. Lots of cracks in paint. Bathroom has a granite counter but the rest of it ie floors walls are in really bad shape. Limited eating options. Overpriced buffet or greasy basement pub with very rude bar tender. Heat in room was impossible to control - either too hot or too cold.

Our kids were happy to get out of there and so were we.

Take out a loan and stay at the Fairmont!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank gojengo5

Dear gojengo5,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. It is disappointing to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have passed on your feedback to our Housekeeper to address the issues brought up in your review. I would like to inform you that the hotel is undertaking renovations this year we will be addressing the issue brought up in your review. Should you wish to discuss any further, please contact me at generalmanager@lakelouiseinn.com

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been coming to this inn for over 10 years. Have tried many rooms but now request the same room each time, the superior studio suite which is for two and supposedly one of the quietest rooms. The room has a fireplace, kitchenette, and supposedly the quietest area of the grounds. Upon arrival, first one of the keys did not work, then only one burner on the stove top worked, the refrigerator was not working either, and the bed is lumpy. They very nicely brought us another key and refrigerator, with a promise the manager would contact us. That never happened. I must say the in-room internet now works which has been an issue in the past. The ski shulttle also works nicely. The jacuzzi is way too small for as many guests as they have. The food has never been to my liking. You might ask, why do I return, well places close to the ski area with a kitchenette or kitchen are limited so something has to give. It is a large place with lots of seasonal workers, some great, some not so great. I think the manager has been here for several years now and tries to do a good job, but he is limited in what he can accomplish as the building themselves are not deigned for the quietest enviornment. It is pet friendly which is nice, but noisey. Weekenders also contribute to the noise, so best to stay midweek. In writing this review, I realized, I have one more possible choice for rooms at more expense, but I think most of the same issues will exist, so not sure what spending more money will get me, but perhaps next time I will try. Our room could definitely use some updating. Nothing mjor done to it in over three years.

Room Tip: Be careful where you are located with respect to the pool, pets, etc. Ask lots of questions.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ruslov
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear ruslov,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and we appreciate your long time patronage. It’s great that you have noticed an improvement in our wireless internet. Your comments have been passed on to our Leadership team for further action. I would like to let you know the hotel will be undergoing a renovation this year and we will be addressing the issues brought up in your review. We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was a bad experience from the start. My husband had stayed at the lake years ago and is not internet savvy. He called the Inn directly and inquired if he had the right place, the hotel right on Lake Louise, and was told yes. He then asked to book a room with a lake view w which they told him was available. It was all lies. This hotel is NOT even close to the lake (10-15 minute drive away) and has zero lake views. It's also an absolute DUMP. He had reserved a room with a jetted tub; it was glassed into the room with only a curtain on the side facing the bed so you had full view of someone using the toilet from anywhere else in the room...zero privacy. There was no fan in the bathroom which was disgausting and I'm reasonably sure is not up to code. There was little counter space and no storage in the bathroom. Our "lake view" was a view of the roof over the hot tub (inside...weird and ugly) and the pool. It was extremely noisy and not just until the pool closed at 10:00; then the pool cleaner started which sounded like a shop vac was running in our room. My husband went downstairs late (11:30?) one night to get change to get water out of a vending machine; every one (he went to every floor) was empty. So he went back to the desk to trade the change back for his $20 and the clerk was an absolute jerk about it. The phones didn't work; every time we called our friends' room or they called ours it took at least 3 tries for it to work. It would ring but when you picked up it was static or dead. Half the light bulbs in our room were burned out. The only good thing I can say about this place is that when we called for towels, they were delivered quickly. We were in 'LL to ski (high season) and paid a high rate to stay; I don't know what the rates are at other resorts there but whatever they are we would have paid them to have decent accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Luv2Travel4Golf

Dear Luv2Travel4Golf,
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay and apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your review has given us an opportunity to look into our processes regarding the reservation process and maintenance issues which we will be looking into. Should you wish to discuss an further, please contact me at generalmanager@lakelouiseinn.com

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Let me start off by saying our experience at the Lake Louise Inn prompted me to register with trip advisor, and I sure wish I had gone to their site before I booked at the Lake Louise Inn! As a family that takes a lot of ski trips, and overnights, we always look for a condo type arrangement with kitchen facilities, because we cook all our meals. When we booked we requested the largest suite with a full kitchen. When we arrived we discovered only a 2 burner hot plate, no oven, very cramped quarters and very limited kitchen supplies. Hardly a full kitchen and definitely not what we are accustomed to when staying in what is advertised as luxury accommodations (at $500/night!!). We were three for 3 nights and after a long day of skiing on our second day, we returned to the room to find that it had not been cleaned. But, probably the worst part of our experience was the fact that on arrival, we were advised that on or third day, the water in our building would be shut off for maintenance from 8am - 5pm! This was our departure day and we had planned a sleep in, and a leisurely morning prior to our 11am check-out. As compensation, we were told that we would be given keys to a room in another building that morning, so that we could have access to a bathroom. Sorry -- but at $500/night, I fully expect the use of my room until check-out time... and that should include running water. The idea of trudging across a snow-filled parking lot in -12 temperatures in my pyjamas is something I expect to do in a campground and is hardly fair compensation. The only manager on site was an assistant front office manager and I met with her to tell her this and to indicate that I expected an adjustment to the bill to compensate for the inability to use the room that I paid for. She consulted with the manager who refused to consider this. So, we ended up changing our plans, getting up early enough to have use of the water and we left. Upon leaving, we asked for the business card of the general manager and although I was given a business card, I found out later that it wasn't that of the general manager. In terms of decor -- the place is dated and in need of upgrades. The pool and restaurant area on the main lobby level is dark and dingy. Overall - very poor customer service, not even close to good value for your money even if you had the luxury of running water!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are looking for value for your money ESPECIALLY if you want a kitchen.
3  Thank Nigel L

Dear Nigel L,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We apologize that your experience with us was not up to your expectations. We did indeed have an emergency situation with our Boilers in the building you were staying in and had to make arrangements to shut down the water in order to fix it. I would also like to take this opportunity to invite you to get in touch with me at generalmanager@lakelouiseinn.com

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I would like to open this review by saying that I have never written one of these before and I have stayed in some pretty shady hotels in my days. The difference this time was the amount I spent for the two night stay at this hotel compared to the shady ones. While this is a totally subjective view, I speak only truth throughout!

My experience of this hotel was less than impressive. The rooms were dirty and outdated, the food was overpriced and bad, and the staff were also not very accommodating. The hotel is very noisy at night. Between the noise of the old boilers and heaters in the room and the droves of party goers, it makes for a restless night. The beds are also very uncomfortable and needed to be replaced about 10 years ago. The restaurant is apparently independently owned and operated and there seems to be a real disconnect between the hotel and them. If you buy coupons before going, be sure to let them know as soon as you check in because you run the risk of them not letting you use them, or at least making you feel totally stupid when you do.
The town of Lake Louise is great. It is small but has everything you need. You would be better off going to another hotel for the value you get from this one.

On a positive note, the hotel is very close to Lake Louise ski hill and very close to the town shops and gas station. There is a nice pool and choice of three restaurants at the hotel, although you would be better off venturing into the town to try different ones. The rooms, while dirty, did have everything you would need. We stayed in a family suite which had a full kitchen and separate room for the kids.

I can safely say I will never stay at this hotel again and I would recommend that people also try somewhere else. The value for money is just not there and you come away feeling ripped off. I wish I had taken some of the negative reviews more seriously before booking this hotel, but I guess you live and learn. Certainly not the worse hotel in the world to stay at, but with the number of choices you have in the area, I would look elsewhere if you truly want to enjoy your trip.

Room Tip: Upper floors would help you escape the noise of people walking around upstairs. There are no elevat...

Dear Martin S,
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with and apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us during your recent trip to Lake Louise. I would like to inform you that the hotel is undertaking renovations this year we will be addressing the issue brought up in your review. I would also like to take this opportunity to invite you to get in touch with me at generalmanager@lakelouiseinn.com