“Unresponsive”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
Calgary, Canada
“Unresponsive”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have never written a review before especially a bad one but I feel very strongly about this matter and I am quite sad...I recently spent a night (December 30, 2013) at the Deer Lodge with my husband and 17 month old son. I forgot my son's Christening blanket - I was hand crochet by my mother. I called from the car on my way home to Calgary to tell some that I forgot it on the bed - explain the sentimental attachment but was told they were very busy and someone would get back to me. I then called again and once again...on the third try I asked for the General Manager who returned my call three days later and said he would speak with housekeeping ...that was January 11, 2013 - I still haven't heard back. I have called since then too!
I still cannot believe no one has responded...I am going to visit my parents next week (back in the states) and sadly I will not be able to use the blanket my mother worked so hard on. I know it is my fault for forgetting it but I cannot believe this was not resolved easily. I have forgotten things in the past and the hotel has always responded and has even sent the item to me at no cost.

Room Tip: The room is very very small...we were unable to set up the pack and play. If we did, we would not h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank vaca123tions
CRMRManagment, General Manager at Deer Lodge, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your email and my sincere apologies for the delays that you have received in responding to your lost & found request. This was a result of a miscimmunication on our part and by no means the level of service we are committed to providing our guests. I have left a message for you directly and welcome you to contact me directly should you wish to further discuss.

Kind regards
Gavin McCaffrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Deciding to get out to Lake Louise for a few days of skiing, we couldn't stay out at our favourite rustic location because they weren't open on Wednesdays. The Deer Lodge got on our short list because it looked rustic and was well reviewed. What sold us was the outdoor rooftop hot tub.

Unfortunately the hot tub was closed for the rest of the day on Thursday when we got back from skiing. In addition to this, their shuttle bus was out for repair, the in room safe was locked open, the bed sheets we not clean and waitress in the restaurant couldn't open a bottle of wine. The shower nozzle barely functioned, the wireless Internet was spotty and heat was unbearable in the room and throughout the hotel.

I think the staff are doing the best job possible but the owners/management just aren't willing to put the time and money into this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aivers
Thank you for posting your review. I am disappointed that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and that what you experienced is by no means the standards we hold overselves to. The hot tub was not available as we had discovered a significant inbalance in the chemical levels and had to immediately close it for the health and saftey of our guests. The ski shuttle bus was also in for a required service to ensure proper maintenance and operation of the vehicle. We do pay for return taxi service for our guests in any such circumstance. I have shared your additional concerns to my respective Department Heads to rectify the items that require fixing or training. We do encourage our guests to address their concerns while at the Lodge so that we can strice to ensure an enjoyable stay.

Travelers are raving about these Lake Louise hotels

Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised at this hotel. We decided because we were only staying in lake Louise for one night, to stay at the Deer Lodge instead of the Fairmont (a one minute walk). We have very high expectations and were pleasantly surprised at how lovely this hotel was. Clean sheets, great service, and a A+ restaurant that is much better than the food at the Fairmont. We love this lodge and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Julia1990222
Grand Manan, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Deer Lodge has a lot going for it....great location, helpful and friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. On-site restaurant food and service were top-notch. However, our room was very small, and the heat was on full-force, and uncontrollable. Bed was definitely not the most comfortable. It was amazingly quiet after 9:30 pm, surprisingly, because there is not a lot of noise-proofing. However, it is quaint, and the short walk to the Fairmont and the 2013 Ice Carving Festival was very convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2travelgeeks
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Spectacular view, amazing location, beautiful space. This is the place to be in Lake Louise. Perfect for relaxing, getting away from the hustle and bustle (unlike The Fairmont), and exploring.

We came for a New Years getaway. The staff was helpful with trail maps and directions. However, as it was New Years, the lounge and restaurant were doing a set menu, which was quite expensive so we opted out.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank KLBudvarson
CRMRManagment, General Manager at Deer Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for spending the new year with us at Deer Lodge. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the many trails around our lodge. I understand the set menu on New Year's Eve is not for everyone and hopefully you will get the opportunity to try our excellent dining room on your next visit.

Deer Lodge
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for a night just before Christmas 2012. Lots of snow; a winter wonderland. Good spot for winter activities that is less expansive than staying in the nearby Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise (and is a 5-minute walk away). If you are skiing or taking advantage of the activities on and around Lake Louise, it is a nice base. We did not try the restaurant unfortunately, as we have heard it is good. The room is on the rustic side, but for the price in that location it was fine. Hallways are a little noisy due to wood construction. Would be wonderful in the

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mr_kuiper
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here and for us it was enough. Don't get me wrong we loved this hotel but if you are not skiers there is not a lot to do. We came here to see snow and boy, did we get snow! It is breathtakingly beautiful and I didn't tire of looking at the scenery. It is a very short walk walk to the Fairmont which has a bit more to do there..ice skating, snow shoeing etc. We ate at the restaurant at Deer Lodge and the food was wonderful especially the Christmas dinner. It is a lovely quaint hotel and if you are into snow sports or relaxing then this is the place for you.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple