“Good food; big lineups”

Glacier Saloon
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Relax and enjoy the casual, friendly atmosphere at the Glacier Saloon - our western pub and sports bar. Whether you're in the mood for a light snack or a hearty meal, our western Canadian pub menu offers a wide variety of appetizing favourites, complimented by the finest selection of local craft beer on tap and by the bottle. Cheer on your team as you watch the game on our giant screen, play a game of pool, or simply enjoy the summer view of Lake Louise from our fantastic outdoor patio.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We had a great lunch. The food was good and we had a table next to the outside and so a nice view of the lake.

I would recommend eating there. The only odd thing was that there were empty tables inside and a lineup outside. Either they don't have a smooth operation or were understaffed.

The food took a while but it was good and the server kept us updated. I might have been annoyed if I had been in a rush but it was just fine that it was a leisurely pace because we had come back from a hike and were in no hurry.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Very helpful waitress - found us a table in 10min without booking!! great menu choices and lovely food no complaints!!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We dined every night bar one of our 4 night stay because it was the most reasonably priced of the restaurants. The staff were really friendly and the quality of the food was high as was the portion sizes. Wide selection of beers in various sized glasses. All in all it had a great atmosphere heavily influenced by country and western feel. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Well, I can't really say from experience that this is the best choice, because I haven't tried the Fairview Dining Room or Lago, but both of those were full, and the Lake View Lounge only served appetizers, so Glacier Saloon it was. No wait for us at 6:00 last Friday.

There's no view from inside the restaurant, but we had a wonderful view on the patio - Beautiful sunset happening. Full service, and they provide blankets and heaters outside. Great view of the grounds, lake, and glacier. Great server took a lot of time with us. Fortunately, smokers at an adjacent table left shortly after we came.

It's not inexpensive, but the food is very good and the setting is unmatched. I think everyone who's reviewed the inside restaurant should have tried the patio. Doesn't work if it's raining, however.

As for food, we could have been satisfied with just the starters - the Canadian Seafood Chowder and Saloon Flat Bread were excellent (arugula and balsamic were kind of messy). Recommended was the flat iron steak sandwich, so I tried it and it's a great steak with an excuse to put it on a piece of bread.

If you're not staying at the hotel, remember to have parking validated.

I'll eat there again when in Lake Louise.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had dinner here our first night at Lake Louise. It was wonderful as we watched the sun set over Lake Louise. I had the Saloon Burger and it was so very good. My son enjoyed his Alberta Beef dip and my husband thought his salad was great. The service was so friendly. My husband also had lunch there the next day while we went white water rafting