“The most gorgeous spot I've ever seen”
Review of Moraine Lake

Banff National Park Guided Hike with Lunch
Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Lake Louise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This beautiful lake nestled in the mountains is best known for its appearance on the back of the Canadian dollar bill.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We visited Moraine Lake as part of a Caravan Tours trip through the Canadian Rockies (whose tour I highly recommend). The absolute highlight for me was Moraine Lake (which I had never even heard of and would never have known to visit had I planned this trip on my own). It is crucial to climb up the trail to the viewpoint that overlooks the lake; it's amazing and well worth the short walk.

2  Thank Linda_Franklin_55
There are newer reviews for Moraine Lake

Reviewed March 31, 2013

What a magnificent spot. You see photos which don't do this place justice. We went on a beautiful sunny day .The water sparkles, the views just spectacular where ever you are,If in the Rockies this is a must see.

1  Thank wgbraun
Reviewed March 23, 2013

On our first visit to Moraine Lake, we got lucky. There was almost nobody there. The views down the Moraine Lake Road are stunning, and the view of the valley of the 10 peaks from the lake shore is equally as amazing, and includes an absolutely humongous pile of large rocks. We asked around and no one seemed to know quite how the rocks got there. On our second visit to Moraine Lake, we couldn't find a parking spot closer than a kilometer from the main lot. I drove around for 20 minutes while friends jumped out to take a look at the view. Next time, we will be sure to go at a time when the crowds are absent!

5  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you feel the Lake Louise is too crowded, you will love the Moraine Lake with its beautiful view of the Valley of the Ten Peaks. A look that is also pictured on the old 20 dollar bill. The best view you have from the Rockpile, a short climb, but worth it.

7  Thank Lothar2491
Reviewed February 25, 2013

So amazingly beautiful! Words just cannot describe. You have to see if for yourself! I highly recommend taking the time to visit Moraine Lake.

2  Thank Hana212