“MORAINE LAKE” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Banff National Park Guided Hike with Lunch
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Lake Louise
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful lake nestled in the mountains is best known for its appearance on the back of the Canadian dollar bill.
Garland, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“MORAINE LAKE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is one of the most beautiful lakes I have ever seen. We came upon this lake by accident on our way up to Lake Louse not knowing what would be down this narrow road. to the left before getting up to Lake Louise. Do not miss this place. We were there about ten years ago.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank TEXANGarland

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
new orleans
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“My favorite place on the planet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

There are some place you visit that just envoke awe. This is one of them. Actaully the best of the ones I have found so far in my lifetime. Absoloutely stunning. Moraine Lake and the Valley of the Ten Peaks doesn't take a backseat to it's neighbor in the Canadien Rockies, Lake Louise.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank rwhubert
Westminster, California
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Breath-taking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is the most beautiful lake i've seen. Go there in the morning so you could see the reflection of peaks on the turquoise water. It's hard to leave.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank lv2goplaces
Tyler, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Way better than Lake Louise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

A slightly longer drive but so worth it. It was just beautiful. I would also suggest going to Lake Minnewonka - even larger and just a beautiful drive. We went back again in the same week so we could see more wildlife.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank JoWoo
Spokane, Washington, United States
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Beautiful Lake with Great Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been here many time both summer and winter with my primary purpose to climb in the Valley of 10 peaks behind it. When I married my wife 30 years ago it was a part of our honeymoon trip. If your visit is in winter it is a 14k ski to visit it and well worth it.

Visited July 2012