“Family trip on the Kicking Horse”

Wild Water Adventures
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Lake Louise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Wild Water! For 25 years, guests like you have enjoyed award-winning Canadian Rockies rafting trips on the famous Kicking Horse River. Simply put, we pride ourselves in offering the finest white water rafting Canada has to offer! Our Kicking Horse rafting trips are just outside Banff and Yoho National Parks and near Golden, British Columbia. Our Banff rafting trips are perfect for singles, couples, families and groups, and all abilities and ages, from 8 to 88, making for the ideal rafting trips in Canada. You'll be fitted and provided with all your personal safety equipment, and our expert team of fun-loving professionals will make your trip easy to book and exciting to experience! If you are looking for the best white water rafting Banff has to offer, look no further...
Northwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Family trip on the Kicking Horse”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A fabulous trip for us (parents plus 12 & 13 yr old). This outfit is thorougly professional, the kit is good as are the changing facilities. Attention to safety was spot on. All the guides involved were engaging and inclusive and worked hard. A special mention for our guide Duncan, top guy.

• Korean first
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Got a kick riding the kicking horse...!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Can't recommend these guys enough...for white water rafting virgins like us and even more experienced would enjoy this. Really professional outfit. We were a group of four staying at the Fairmont in Lake Louise and they have a desk there. Minibus picked us up from the hotel and its about a 30min drive through the mountains to the centre. Get kitted up with wetsuits, fleeces, water proofs and life jackets....short bus journey to the rafts, safety brief then we were off!! There'd been a good amount of rain the night before so the water level was up - our guide Ted told us this was good as it would make our ride down the kick horse river more fun((!) .... He wasn't wrong......

There were 6 (+Ted)in our raft which meant 4 paddling & 2 'spotters' ;o) up front. Started with a couple of small rapids to give us a taster before getting steadily bigger and wilder before we pulled over to have a look at the feature presentation - Portage. Wow! Looked scary but Ted talked us through what was going to happen, and also gave the option for anyone not wanting to ride it down to walk...which was good as my wife was a bit nervous initially but even she felt reassured enough to do it (and she was really glad afterwards she did!)

One word - AWESOME!! Real rush!

Loads of things to see along the way, before reaching the swim spot where you can actually jump off the raft and float down the river ;o) . Then back to the centre for hot chocolate and chat with our guides.

Great alternative way of seeing the rockies by river. Highlight of my holiday!! excellent trip, fantastic guide in Ted and real value for money.
DO IT!! lol

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Scoobyurabus
Montgomery, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Try it, you'll like it”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

While researching activities for our upcoming trip to the Lake Louise area, my husband came across Wild Water Adventures. He thought it sounded like fun, but I was skeptical. I had never been rafting before. Although I love boating and swimming in calm waters, the thought of being thrown from a raft into a frigid mountain river was not too appealing. But I decided to face my fears and agreed to give it a try. We took the Whitewater Exciter trip and everyone that we dealt with was friendly, charming, and seemed to love what they do. Tarquino was a fun, yet professional guide. After the safety briefing I felt more at ease about the upcoming adventure, and boy, was it an adventure! It was a lot of fun. You will get very wet, but wearing the wetsuit and fleece they provided kept me warm. It was one of the highlights of our vacation and I am so glad I went. And even happier that I managed to stay in the raft!

Visited July 2013
Brampton, Canada
“Great Family Outing!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a great afternoon with Wild Water Adventures! From start to finish, the staff was amazing. If they ever leave the rafting business they could all take up careers in stand up comedy! Emphasis was on fun with safety a close second. We took our 2 boys 14 and 12 and we all took turns on the paddles while enjoying the "Whitewater Exciter". I highly recommend this company if you are considering rafting in the area!
One tip - when they offer up the gloves, say yes! The water is freezing!

Calgary, Canada
“Great fun”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I participated in The Tradition rafting day with Wild Water on August 31st, 2013. From start to finish we were thoroughly impressed. The staff, equipment, food - everything was fantastic. Our guide Juan was a lot of fun, he was extremely knowledgeable of the river, and surrounding area, and provided a lot of entertainment for our group. We got completely soaked in the very cold water, but it was well worth it. We would definitely do it again!!