“Best way to spend a day in the Rockies! Woohoo!”

Wild Water Adventures
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Lake Louise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Wild Water! For 25 years, guests like you have enjoyed award-winning Canadian Rockies rafting trips on the famous Kicking Horse River. Simply put, we pride ourselves in offering the finest white water rafting Canada has to offer! Our Kicking Horse rafting trips are just outside Banff and Yoho National Parks and near Golden, British Columbia. Our Banff rafting trips are perfect for singles, couples, families and groups, and all abilities and ages, from 8 to 88, making for the ideal rafting trips in Canada. You'll be fitted and provided with all your personal safety equipment, and our expert team of fun-loving professionals will make your trip easy to book and exciting to experience! If you are looking for the best white water rafting Banff has to offer, look no further...
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Wow! That was fun!

Went on "The Tradition". The first half was a gentle intro to rafting down the Kicking Horse river -- absolutely stunning scenery, informative guide pointing out interesting features of the Valley and explaining the origin of the name Kicking Horse while keeping us moving -- and occasionally wet!

The second half was where the fun really started with Class III-IV+ rapids. Woohoo! I managed to fall out going through a particularly hairy set of rapids, but that just added to the excitement. I was back in the raft in a snap and on we went!

Wild Water outfitted us very well. Their trips all include full wetsuits including boots and gloves, helmet, fleece, water jacket, and life jacket. I saw other company's rafters on the river as we went and none of them looked as well prepared as us.

The barbeque at the end was delightful -- awesome cookies!

I can't wait to go again next year. Don't miss out -- if you're in the area, go for a ride down the Kicking Horse with the Wild Water folks!

2  Thank MichaelBurjack
All reviews
"the kicking horse river"
in 114 reviews
in 7 reviews
"life jackets"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been rafting with this company 3 times this summer, and I have waited until the end of the season to write a review that includes all of my rafting trips with them. I went on the Whitewater Exciter trip each time - once at the beginning of June, once at the end of June, and once towards the end of July. Each time was perfect! I had planned on going on the Maximum Horsepower trip at the end of the season to try out the lower canyon on the Kicking Horse River, but the day I called to go, they were fully booked already. My trip in July was the best because the river was huge and therefore the rapids were SO FUN!

First thing that is awesome - they will pick you up! The first two times I went, they picked me up from Field, BC. While on the bus ride to the base, you fill out a waiver form and they go through all of the equipment that you will get once you get to the base - wetsuit, boots, sweater, spray jacket, helmet, and lifejacket. They also talk a little bit about the surrounding mountains.The 3rd time I went, I drove directly to the base myself, and here they tell you all about the gear just like you would get on the bus. Also, you tend to arrive earlier than the bus does, so you have time to chat with the guides and other rafters.

The base itself is very well kept - buildings are in great condition and there are picnic tables and a covered deck to sit around, as well as the reception office that sells stickers, clothing, and other souveniers. The changerooms are big, clean, and most importantly, warm! All of the equipment as well - wetsuits, jackets, boots, etc - is all very clean and in great condition. The helmets and lifejackets look brand new.

The rafting experience itself was fantastic! On the bus from the base to the river, the guides explain how to properly fit your lifejacket and helmet - all with added humour! They tell jokes and chat with you to make the approximate 20 minute drive seem like no time at all. Once at the river, the guides adjust your lifejacket and helmet properly and you get a glass of water to drink while you gather around the rafts for the safety briefing. The safety they go over is very professional and well explained. There is nothing else you could think of they could say, and it makes you very informed. The first time I went rafting, I felt completely comfortable and safe with these guides. You are then split up into rafts and head out onto the river!

My guide was Carlos all three times, and he is fantastic! He has many years rafting experience, as do all the guides at Wild Water Adventures, and he's funny and friendly with all the guests. While going down the river, he talks about the local area and history, all while learning everyone's names and remembering them!

There are a couple of times during the rafting trip where you can jump out of the raft and swim/float down the river. If it is a nice sunny day, I would definitely recommend doing it! it's so fun! You stay fairly warm in your wetsuit.

After the trip, you are bussed back to the base where you change into dry clothes and can enjoy hot refreshments like coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, and cookies and watermelon. Yum! All the guides are hanging around, too, so there is lots of opportunity to chat with them.

This was my first season of rafting ever, and I can say, thanks to all the great staff at Wild Water Adventures, I am now in love with whtiewater sports! Thanks guys!

3  Thank Alana H
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was an awesome experience. Andrew, our guide was great fun, and it was nice to have a guide with knowledge of the area and history to add to the experience. Some of our family group had rafted before, but for us the experience was just as exciting as that for the "newbies". I can definitely recommend this company. In comparison with another, used by one of our fellow guests at our B&B, Wild Water take safety very serious, making sure everyone knows how to respond both in and out of the boat before you set off. They check the safety equipment frequently and ensure you have a good time. One point I would make: there was a luncheon attached to the option we booked - but by the time we had finished our BBQ and salad, some of the more ravenous boat groups had eaten all the cookies - rationing people to one each would I'm sure seem penny pinching - but would save the more genteel souls from missing out!

2  Thank Susan C
Reviewed September 6, 2012

That was like going through the roughest waters with that umbrella of safety right there.This was the first time we went rafting and I CAN BET YOU THAT WAS THE MOST ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.We had Bruce as our leader and when he is there,there is just nothing to worry about.His instructions and sense of humour were ever so great.I am a slipped disc patient at the age of 54 (hey, I didn't tell them about it otherwise they wouldn't have let me go) and it had no effect on any of my myriad problems at all.I couldn't believe I had made my ground after going through all those waves and rapids.I am going to go rafting again when my husband comes to Canada.I can never get him to miss out on this great adventure.AND U
BET,IT WILL BE WITH WILD WATER ADVENTURES AND BRUCE.(never to forget all of those guys up there)

2  Thank Dahiya17