“Awesome adventure with a first class organization”

Wild Water Adventures
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Lake Louise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Wild Water! For 25 years, guests like you have enjoyed award-winning Canadian Rockies rafting trips on the famous Kicking Horse River. Simply put, we pride ourselves in offering the finest white water rafting Canada has to offer! Our Kicking Horse rafting trips are just outside Banff and Yoho National Parks and near Golden, British Columbia. Our Banff rafting trips are perfect for singles, couples, families and groups, and all abilities and ages, from 8 to 88, making for the ideal rafting trips in Canada. You'll be fitted and provided with all your personal safety equipment, and our expert team of fun-loving professionals will make your trip easy to book and exciting to experience! If you are looking for the best white water rafting Banff has to offer, look no further...
Joaquin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome adventure with a first class organization”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I did my usual Tripadvisor research for a white water rafting trip in the Canadian Rockies and Wild Water Adventures turned out to be even better than we expected. WWA provided all of the rafting gear, safety instructions, and professional, yet fun loving staff, to make this experience one that we will never forget. The process of getting geared up, trip to the rafts, and back to the river base was so organized and efficient. The staff left no questions unanswered so we knew exactly what to expect at all times. My husband and I took the Traditional ride with Juan as our guide and it was a blast. He knows the Kicking Horse River so well and made sure we had a fantastic time. The lunch after the trip was very enjoyable and we appreciated being able to change into dry clothes before we ate and left for the day. Juan also gave us some good ideas for sight seeing on our way back to Lake Louise. This is definitely a must do activity for a vacation in this area.

1 Thank Mary Ellen L

• Korean first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent rafting trip!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My friend and I went rafting on Saturday, and are we ever glad we chose Wild Water Adventures! You get a lot for your money including all gear and lunch (which is fantastic for even a picky eater like me). The staff is excellent! They are knowledgeable, friendly, and make the experience great! Our guide was Juan and he was amazing! We went on the Traditional which consisted of a gentle portion of the river and then class 2-4+ rapids and it was a blast. I had never been rafting before so was a bit apprehensive at first, but had nothing to worry about! Would recommend this company and Juan as a guide to anyone!

1 Thank Siobhan E
Johannesburg, South Africa
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Great outing from a friendly and professional outfit”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our group of five (the parents, two children, aged 10 & 12 and granny) made our booking through the Wild Water Adventures website. We received a very prompt reply and booked the "Gentle" tour.

An easy 50 minute drive from Lake Louise (allow for roadworks) and we arrived at the 08h45 designated meeting spot, which was clearly signposted. There was a prompt briefing on getting properly kitted out. We were then given a wet suit, appropriate foor wear, sweater, rainjacket, life jacket and helmet, changing into it in a clean changing room.

We then boarded the designated bus (one for each type of tour booked) for transport to our starting points. On the bus we were briefed on how to properly fit our life jackets and helmets. We were also then spilt into our various groups for the boats. The mood was friendly. Once at the river our life jackets were properly secured for us and we received a detailed and professional safety briefing.

We then boarded the boat and we were off. Within a few minutes we had gone through the first rapids, quickly followed by some more. Javier gave us some nice commentary on the river and plants during the more gentle bits. My guess would be that we were on the water for about an hours and a quarter. I thought the gentle tour struck a nice balance between rapids and floating down the river. I thought the best rapids were near the beginning and end. You will get wet, but that's all part of the fun and you've got the gear to deal with it.

When we pulled in to shore, we boarded the bus and after some friendly conversation with Javier & Ted, 10 or so minutes later we were back at base camp where we changed and were offered hot drinks and cookies. There was a relaxed atmosphere with no pressure to move on; rather Ted and Javier chatted to us some more.

I asked the rest of the family for their view:

Sarah (age 10) - "awesome"
Catherine (age 12) "worth it"
wife (quite a bit older !) "can't wait to do it again"
granny (quite a bit older still !) "that was nice"

In conclusion, a professional, friendly and well run outfit. We're so glad we went for it - next time and when the children are a bit older, we're going for the bigger rapids.

3 Thank haydndavies2016
Summerland, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic day!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We did some research before our trip and it paid off with a fantastic day! Wild Water Adventures is well organized and professional. The staff/guides were courteous, and we had a wonderful "Traditional" ride down the Kicking Horse River with our guide, Bruce. We especially liked returning to land and being able to change into our dry clothes to enjoy the Bar-B-Q at their base camp.
We have some wonderful memories (great photos taken by the professional photographer - CD $29), as well as some crazy video camera footage (from the GoPro - Helmet cam rental $45). We highly recommend this company for a rafting trip, and we hope to make it our annual trip! For our next time: "Maximum Horse Power"!

2 Thank Catarina C
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome, Exciting, Professional, and Funny!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had one of the best days of my Canada trip with Wild Water Adventures! I have never previously written a review before but Wild Water Adventures deserve every bit of praise!
I have to give a massive thanks to the whole team - every one of them so professional and knowledgible. My boat guide, Juan (hope I have the spelling right), knew the river so well he could get everyone involved and laughing in the safe parts and knew exactly when to buckle us down for the more wild sections. I felt comfortable and safe the whole time and couldn't get the smile off my face :)
My advice for anyone considering white water rafting - stop thinking about it and DO IT! It is more than worth the price and the lunch was very filling. The guys will tell you everything you need to know so listen and get as involved as you can - you will learn and laugh a lot! And if your guide offers to put you at the front of the boat, do it! You will get wet and have loads of fun!

1 Thank Rowan E
WildWaterAdv, Owner at Wild Water Adventures, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hello, Rowan, and thank you for your kind review of your trip with us. We're very pleased that you had a great time on the river with us and we'll pass your "thanks" along to Juan...he'll be happy to know that you enjoyed yourselves so much. I particularly like your advice to get as involved as you can...as you have found out, you get out of the experience what you put into it, and, yes, the front of the boat is truly the most popular spot to be in...particularly on hot, sunny days! Hope the rest of your travels through Canada went well. Thanks again for joining us, Ted